My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on April 11, 2018, 01:44:51 PM

Title: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: Andy H on April 11, 2018, 01:44:51 PM
I hope to be out Sunday, so will take Richard's suggestion from a week ago and post a route to Cardiff Bay.

Title: Re: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: Andy H on April 11, 2018, 06:37:22 PM
Something like this:-

https://www.strava.com/routes/12645289

Hope the forecast improves!
Title: Re: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: RichardB on April 11, 2018, 08:34:03 PM
Thanks Andy, I will take note of all the directions!!
Title: Re: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: Tom on April 11, 2018, 10:31:03 PM
Which road are you taking to Llantwit-main road(through Wick)or lane(through Marcross)-I can't be sure from map and at present my plan is to ride the opposite way and intercept you
Title: Re: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: RichardB on April 12, 2018, 07:52:50 AM
Through Marcross Tom
Title: Re: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: Andy H on April 15, 2018, 02:51:52 PM
Due to the fact it was a grey, cool,damp day only 12 riders at Brackla this morning. Although a former member, Les did come along to say hello.

We headed off around the coast to St Bride's and Marcross but no sign of Tom!

Made good time with Mark and Haydn setting a sensible pace and doing all the work, out into the wind.
Matt punctured in Rhoose, his tyre and rim combo proving a bit of a problem. Got going again and introduced Porth Ceri park to people for the first time. through Barry, Sully and Penarth to the barrage and coffee at Coffee&co. Guided the group through Cardiff, (including a run in with careless bus driver) he was suitably chastised by Haydn!

I turned off at St Fagan's while the group rode on to Brackla.

Out today were
Haydn
Mark R
Matt
Ron
Richard
Dave W
Keith
Carl
John
Mike
Paul
and me.
Really enjoyed today and realised how much I've missed club runs. Great dilemma to have run or bike..................

Title: Re: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: Dave W on April 15, 2018, 05:00:52 PM
good ride today, enjoyed seeing the sites around Penarth

Karl W this is what you need for the stuck screw
https://bit.ly/2vgBIL2
these go down to a 3mm head. check the size of your screw.

here are the instructions on extracting the screw
https://bit.ly/2ENs2ao

Title: Re: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: ron b on April 15, 2018, 05:59:49 PM
How big a screw, I have a set of extractors.
Title: Re: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: Tom on April 15, 2018, 06:14:02 PM
Sorry Andy-you know I'm a fair wather cyclist!
Title: Re: Chasers Sunday 15th April
Post by: Andy H on April 15, 2018, 06:22:15 PM
I was warned!  :)