My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: harpo on April 10, 2018, 08:00:29 PM
-
If it is fine 8) How about this? https://www.strava.com/routes/12631646
Its down Devils Elbow not up, coffee just past Dan yr ogof
-
I'm up for this Sunday.... ;D
-
Very creative! Nice route, im in. Hope its 🌞
-
Not working so more time to create ;D
-
Seems a shame to go all that way and not 'do' the Devil's Elbow!
Down and back up? ::)
-
The climb out of Heol senni to the a4067 is a match to the elbow :)
-
looks good, hope the weather is kind to us.
-
Anyone not a 'mainstream' pacer going? It's a toughie so don't want to leave you guys waiting around - TBH I'm happy if it's just we agree if I get dropped by too much you guys just head on - I'm a big boy and can find my way home 💪
-
Change of plan now for Sunday because the forecast is wet, dont fancy being in the middle of the beacons when its raining so we will do the same route as chasers on Sunday . We will be doing the route I posted on Saturday leaving Physique 8.30, slight detour as we wont be going over bwlch rhigos on the way now, will be picking Jason up onroute
-
Saturday ok with me
-
I should be okay for Saturday morning.
-
Im in for sat
-
Saturday OK with me see you at physiques 08:30
-
I'll see you guys at the loriel roundabout at 8:45
-
There was 11 of us out today
Myself
Chris R
Dave W
Greg
Steve C
Jason
Mark J
Reece
Dylan
Paul R
Nine of us set off from Physique in cold and foggy conditions. Onroute we picked up Chris and Jason and headed for Abaredare. The traffic was terrible in Abercynon to Mountain Ash very stop start, after a few wrong turns we headed for the main road to Penderyn.
Thankfully the sun came out as we entered the Beacons National Park, everybody was taking off gear after the first climb and it soon warmed up as climbed the decent we normally come down after Devils Elbow which had stunning views as we reached the top. The toughest challenge was the next climb from Sarn Henni, I have done it few time so knew what to expect (really tough). Coffee then in Pen y Cae opposite Dan y Orgof , where we sat outside with beautiful views. Up the Colbern then and on to Glynneath. Group splintered after this lack of communiction between us which left Me, Reece and a tired Chris trying to catch the group infront of us, little did we no they were behind us trying to catch us 8) Really enjoyed today , thanks to ALL who rode ;D
-
Sure I was there, legs certainly feel like it. The climb after the elbow was tough. Good ride by all today and good route cheers Harpo