My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on March 29, 2018, 10:47:02 AM

Title: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: Ben on March 29, 2018, 10:47:02 AM
Unfortunately I'm not going to be about this Sunday. I have the in-laws visiting and have to make sure the house is clean and food is ready for them. Shame really the weather is looking good for Sunday too.
Title: Re: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: ron b on March 30, 2018, 05:36:55 PM
Weather is cold and dry, so I may be out, will confirm tomorrow. We can all go to Ben’s if he cooking?
Title: Re: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: Ben on March 31, 2018, 07:24:25 AM
My wife had decided to let me out. As long as I get all the prep done today and I'm not out past 1pm.
Title: Re: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: Ben on March 31, 2018, 09:40:46 AM
There's a Café that Clair has suggested down at Barry Island with good coffee and good cakes. So I'll try and plot a route there :-)
Title: Re: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: Ben on March 31, 2018, 11:10:56 AM
Here we go. This is the route.

https://www.strava.com/routes/12473382

(https://s17.postimg.org/m96o34w2n/Capture.png)
Title: Re: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: Ade on March 31, 2018, 05:58:36 PM
I need to get some extra mileage in so I'll peel off through Llantwit and around the coast on the way back. #paniccartentraining
Title: Re: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: ron b on March 31, 2018, 06:08:04 PM
Hope to be out in the morning, route looks interesting, have you ridden it?🤡
Title: Re: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: Ben on March 31, 2018, 06:33:52 PM
Most of it yes. :) There's a big chunk of Tuesday route.
Title: Re: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: Ben on April 01, 2018, 07:39:32 PM
6 of us today. Myself, Ron, Nick, Carrie, Are and Jo left Physiques on a bright but chilly ride. We followed the Tuesday route but went down Green dragon lane instead of Llantrythyd. Ron turned down past the Green Dragon pub to go home. While the rest of us introduced Jo to Penmark Hill. From there we dropped down to Porthkerry. Good cheap coffee and gigantic tea cakes. From there it was back to Llantwit via Gileston. Where Jo got a few top 10's then along through St Athan where Carrie got top 2 from the Spar and Jo went top 10 too. Good effort ladies.
Title: Re: Amblers ride - 1st April - Easter Sunday
Post by: Carrie H on April 02, 2018, 11:27:18 AM
Very enjoyable ride Ben, many thanks for the encouragement, will try harder next time for a QOM!
Jo, Ade, Nick & myself took the coast road home.
Thanks to all