My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: ron b on February 04, 2018, 05:57:31 PM

Title: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: ron b on February 04, 2018, 05:57:31 PM
I aim to do the ride in 3.5 hrs, which all present Amblers would be comfortable doing. If the weather is too bad, not unusual at this time of year things may change. So who is joining me? Check out the RR route and rules on the home page.
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Ben on February 05, 2018, 05:29:32 PM
Hi Ron. I may be out if the wife is out of hospital. But it's unlikely at the moment.
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Ade on February 07, 2018, 08:40:34 AM
I'll be there between 8:00 and 8:15 to sign on for the 3.5 hours
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Nige on February 07, 2018, 05:38:41 PM
Away this weekend up North so will not be doing this year. Have a good ride all and pacers go smash it.
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Mark B on February 07, 2018, 09:21:07 PM
I’ll be there & happy to have a crack at 2.30, but if there is no appetite for a sharp ride, I’d be equally happy with a 3 hour effort.
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Nick Langley on February 07, 2018, 10:59:35 PM
Think I'm going to start at 9:30, probably aiming to get inside the 2:40 cut off. I reckon a good group of chasers working together would be fine achieving this. Who's in?
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Chris Reed on February 08, 2018, 08:43:24 PM
Aye I'll be there nick
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: RichardB on February 11, 2018, 07:38:14 AM
9am start for me today.
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Mark B on February 11, 2018, 07:44:31 AM
Nick, Chris, I'll join you for the 9.30 start. See you later.
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Terry A on February 11, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
I'm going for the 3 hour version.
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: harpo on February 11, 2018, 07:57:56 AM
hungover so 3hr for me :-\
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Andy H on February 11, 2018, 01:29:54 PM
19 starters for the John Edwards Memorial RR1, today.

3 early starters for the 3:30 ride, 12 for the 3 hour ride and 4 brave souls (cursing other riders) who went for the 2:30 option.

Despite the cold and blustery conditions there were some impressively quick times which led to the majority of the field being DQ'd.

Qualifiers were:-

50 miles in 3:30 Adrian Lewis
50 miles in 3:00 Richard Bowmer, Chris Goodwin and Chris Gildersleve
50 miles in 2:30 Stephen Chapman and Reece Adams

Well done to all.
Norman will be timing RR2, I'll post details of course and start times next week
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Greg B on February 11, 2018, 02:00:22 PM
Thanks Andy
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: RichardB on February 11, 2018, 06:16:24 PM
Thanks for organising today Andy
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Nick Langley on February 11, 2018, 06:44:43 PM
Thanks for the time keeping Andy, I assume you'll be riding next week? 😉 Any chance you could post all the finishing times...if it's easier just take a photo of the sheet and stick that up?
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Andy H on February 11, 2018, 07:35:21 PM
Actual finishing times RR1
Title: Re: RR1 John Edwards Memorial event Feb 11th
Post by: Andy H on February 11, 2018, 07:36:45 PM
Bit frustrating as it's saved in portrait mode!