My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on January 29, 2018, 10:06:01 AM
-
Hopefully the weather will relent and we can get out tomorrow. I know Paul L has a day off and if I know him he'll be there even if it's a hurricane. No doubt I will feel morally obliged to join him at B&Q at 9.45.Does anyone else have a strong moral conscience???
-
Sorry Tom, my babysitting day, I hope to be out Wednesday if my new brakes arrive on time.
-
Yes I’m out Tom see at 09:45
-
going up the coast road , be at CV just after 11 ride back normal route
-
I’ll be at ewenny road roundabout at 10 if nobody shows I’ll see you in velo about 11
-
I'll suggest to Paul we come and meet you Mal-especially as it may be icy
-
Ok Tom I’ll see you there
-
For the mid-week regulars of course the first sign of Spring isn't spotting the first daffodil or snowdrop but Steve Chapman's first mid-week appearance of the year so today is officially the first day of Spring.Before that though Mike,Patrick Paul and I met at B&Q and set off to meet Mal at Ewenny roundabout.It turns out Mal's definition of Ewenny roundabout is he'll wait for us at a point marginally closer to that roundabout than any others in the County.We then followed (through very thick fog)what Paul termed the Saturday Route-not reversed-Mal's variation.It led us (as all Tuesday rides do)to Café Velo where Steve appeared followed shortly by Carrie.
We all rode back round the Coast but I have to apologise for not realising Paul's chain had broken-fortunately Steve did and also had a chain link and tools.Hope everyone got home ok.
I should be out later in the week but all a bit uncertain at the moment-will post!
-
Great write up Tom I’ll be out Friday 10 am at the first lamppost past the ewenny road roundabout
-
I have to go to Llantwit tomorrow Mal so I'll meet you precisely at the first lamp post!
-
Is that 9 45, or I missed something, I will be out anyway
-
10 at Ewenny roundabout Ron to give anyone at B&Q at 9.45 enough time to ride to Ewenny roundabout.Mal is averse to the lanes at the moment!
-
After very confusing instructions on where we meet, B&Q for 9 45, Ewenny roundabout at 10, this all works out fine after you have spent all night on Google Map looking for the roundabout in Ewenny. Could be worse, meet at John Raymond roundabout at 9 50, or Greasy Chips Car sales at 9 43. This could be a good format for a quiz. Cut a long story, Tom, Nick,Carrie via Google and Strava, they actually looked at Mal’s route from last week, Mal, Mike and Ron all managed to find the start. We all ended up at The Cafe where we met Carrie 1 who tried to find us en route, no chance! Cafe was packed because of the fine weather, Tom left after the cuppa to check that the artex had been removed from the wet room floor. A wet room how posh is that, that’s Llantwit for you.