My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on December 28, 2017, 11:57:25 AM
-
Unfortunately I won't be out this Sunday.
Would one of the Chasers regulars (who's likely to be out) like to post a suggested route?
Thanks and Happy New Year
Andy H
-
I'm not going to be out either, day out watching rugby for me.
-
I'll be out Sunday (before the rugby) and will post a proposed Chaser's route tomorrow.
-
Thanks Mark, see you in the New Year!
-
No problem Andy, enjoy the NY festivities. My proposed route for this Sunday's Chaser's ride is:
https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/14407967
If you can't open the link the route is:
Brackla - Coity - Bryncethin - Fountain - Hafodheulog - A48 towards Margam - Porthcawl - Ewenny - the Coast - the Lanes to Llantwit - Llangan - Pencoed - Brackla
It's just under 52 miles and if it's open the plan is to have a coffee at Cafe Velo.
-
I forgot to mention that it's still a 0930 start until the first weekend in February when it reverts to 0900.
-
Just so your aware mark it’s the prince of Wales New Year’s Day run at Kenfig so there’ll be about 300 runners setting off at 10.45 I think so hopefully you’ll be well past the pub but it will be busy round there
-
Ignore that Mark it’s on New Year’s Day!!! I was no the pop earlier
-
Good call back Mal, I was just looking at Plan B!!
-
if weather is ok will probably go to Coity Common and tag along with Chasers/Amblers whichever comes first(or go out solo as Billy No Mates if your plans change!)
-
A decent turn-out for today's Chaser's ride on a grey if mostly dry day. Eight Chasers headed out from Brackla to be joined on route (eventually) by Tom on his Winter Massey Ferguson shopping bike. We stuck to the planned route going out via Coity, Fountain and the A48 towards Porthcawl, with Tony Mansell and Chris 'the Ghost' Reed doing some big turns on the front. The weather stayed relatively kind to us until we got back to the Coast road and St Brides when driving sleet and darkening skies (plus the rugby on S4C) persuaded us to ride back around the Coast road through Ogmore for an early coffee and cake in Ewenny before a short trip home. It was a shorter ride than planned at around 42 miles but a tad quicker than recent Chasers rides, which left a few Oggies slightly rubber legged! Out today were:
Hannah
Mark Ponty
Tom
Chris 'the Ghost' Reed
Tony Mansell
Nick Langley
James Criddle
Patrick
Mark Pope
Andy's back next week so normal service will be resumed. Right that's it, I'm off to watch the Dragons slay the Ospreys. See you next week.
Mark
-
I was doubly sorry to miss you at Coity Mark not only did I not have any company but I would also have realised I wasn't supposed to ride up the hill to Cefn Cribwr! Good ride when we did link up though-conditions coming back round the Coast were reminiscent of the notorious Mallorca incident though!
-
Thanks Mark. :)
-
Was it me riding with a sheet over my head that got me that nickname?