My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Chris Reed on December 24, 2017, 03:20:32 PM

Title: Xmas rides
Post by: Chris Reed on December 24, 2017, 03:20:32 PM
As I’m chasing the Festive 500 I’m planning to be out every day. Who’s riding when?
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Ben on December 24, 2017, 03:34:06 PM
I'm hoping to be out preferably Wednesday. I got 87 miles to go to hit my target for the year.
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: harpo on December 24, 2017, 03:44:12 PM
Heard it all before Mr Reed ;)
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Chris Reed on December 24, 2017, 06:26:49 PM
Ha ha - I’ll be riding, just not with you Harpo  ;D ;D ;D
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Nick Langley on December 24, 2017, 06:53:27 PM
Fancy a ride Tuesday, early start, gotta be back for 12:30
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Chris Reed on December 25, 2017, 07:51:07 AM
Bracla 9am?
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Mark Pope on December 25, 2017, 11:56:49 AM
Hi Chris,

I'm planning to get out Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I'll post nearer the day about possible routes, distances etc.
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Chris Reed on December 25, 2017, 04:38:57 PM
Sounds good Mark!
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: mal jones on December 25, 2017, 06:03:29 PM
I’m meeting a couple of mates at ewenny road roundabout on Wednesday at 10 am main roads down to st athan and back if anyone’s out
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Ben on December 25, 2017, 08:14:24 PM
Could be a good plan for me Mal.
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Chris Reed on December 26, 2017, 02:41:42 PM
Nick L and I are meeting at Brackla at 9 for this route if anyone fancies - somewhere around Chasers pace.

https://www.strava.com/routes/11464831
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Reece0 on December 26, 2017, 04:37:55 PM
May well join you Chris. Weather looks good.
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: mal jones on December 26, 2017, 05:47:37 PM
I’d stay well away from the lanes round Craig penllyn and city Chris went back that way after leaving you on Sunday and the lanes were filthy and very wet
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Ben on December 27, 2017, 07:59:21 PM
Is anyone out tomorrow morning?
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Chris Reed on December 27, 2017, 09:49:50 PM
I will be out but can’t commit to a time due to the weather Ben
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: xrayspecs on December 28, 2017, 08:52:49 AM
Vale is very icy this morning including some significant patches on main roads as well.
Title: Re: Xmas rides
Post by: Ben on December 28, 2017, 02:54:36 PM
It wasn't pleasant when I went out. I bottled it after 10 miles. I nearly crashed a couple of times coming out of Cowbridge up Llantwit Major Road.