My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on December 11, 2017, 02:38:49 PM

Title: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Tom on December 11, 2017, 02:38:49 PM
I think we're even more weather dependent than usual this week.BBC said heavy frost tonight but they also said that last night and it was ok this morning.I won't be out(at 9.45)if it's icy but am hoping to get a ride in.I will post in the morning-hoping things will improve for Thursday/Friday
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Patrickweir on December 11, 2017, 03:26:48 PM
will be out if it’s not icy
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: ron b on December 11, 2017, 04:00:22 PM
Too cold for me, it’s nice in the sunshine but a shady spot could bring disaster. Plenty of time to catch up on fitness, a quick trip to the road surface would spoil my plans, a little patience is required, or a TT.
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: mal jones on December 11, 2017, 07:22:02 PM
If I’m out it will probably be 10.30 and stick to main roads I’ll read your post in the morning Tom
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Tom on December 11, 2017, 10:07:43 PM
Thanks Mal-having seen the weather forecast and looked outside I'm already inclined to delay going out.10.30 sounds a better option to me so let me know if you do go out and I'll meet you and stick to the main roads(if you want to meet that is!!)
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Tom on December 12, 2017, 08:13:03 AM
It's a pretty frosty morning again and I think it will be safer to leave it or go out later.Let me know if you do decide on a late start Mal.
Hopefully better luck later in the week.
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Patrickweir on December 12, 2017, 09:05:37 AM
i’m going out at the normal time, roads are ice free, lanes might be worth avoiding, be at the roundabout at 9:45 if anyone is out
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: mal jones on December 12, 2017, 09:48:22 AM
Just got back from dog walk with Dai Short who’s thinking of going out at mid day  what do you think Tom seems a bit of a risk low Sun also a problem
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Tom on December 12, 2017, 09:55:44 AM
Yes Mal-it doesn't seem to be getting any less icy on the decking-maybe tomorrow will be a better bet?
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: mal jones on December 12, 2017, 10:07:06 AM
I agree milder tomorrow but maybe rain post in the morning Tom
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Tom on December 12, 2017, 10:10:09 AM
Will do Mal-I can do any day this week if the weather relents a bit!!
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Patrickweir on December 12, 2017, 11:55:46 AM
just got back and it was ok, main roads clear ,
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: mal jones on December 12, 2017, 12:29:02 PM
Your harder than me Patrick must be the Scottish porridge  oats but one more slip on my hip and I’d be in trouble
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Tom on December 13, 2017, 09:00:50 AM
Mal-forecast is rain till about 11-I have to go and meet Gary(plumber)in Llantwit so I plan to go over about 11.Let me know if you're our-I hope to be out tomorrow and Friday subject to weather!
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: mal jones on December 13, 2017, 10:09:29 AM
I’ll leave it today Tom I’m off to the sweaty spin class at 12 let me know if you are out tomorrow or Friday
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Mark Pope on December 13, 2017, 11:24:57 AM
I'm out Fri morning if anyone fancy's a spin? Met forecast looking good 8). 0945 at B&Q.
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Patrickweir on December 13, 2017, 12:22:11 PM
Be out Friday if anyone is riding
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: Tom on December 13, 2017, 02:25:21 PM
Yes Friday looks good(well in comparison!)v wet and windy ride this morning-but not icy!
Title: Re: Mid-Week rides wk of 11/12
Post by: mal jones on December 14, 2017, 10:18:19 AM
Just had winter bike serviced so I’ll stay off the lanes but meet you about 11 in cafe velo on Friday