My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on December 06, 2017, 09:32:44 PM
-
As my Donkey is in for a service and Mary doesn't want to ride I'll be taking the Amblers and who ever is left over on a gentle jaunt round the vale. I have to be back home by about 11ish though as I've got a party to cater for. So a slight variation on the Tuesday route which I know everyone can manage.
https://www.strava.com/routes/11189143
-
The outlaws are having Christmas early so I'll need to be back in time for that. Probably won't stop for coffee and take the coast road back.
-
Because of the weather conditions today and possibly worse tomorrow, is it sensible to call of tomorrow’s ice skating event. We have a lot of inexperienced and young riders. We don’t want any injuries, missing one days riding in not important staying healthy is. You can always go out later in the day if it gets any better.
-
Looking at the wind, rain and ice I think you may be right Ron.
-
Sorry to say I think Ron might be right! I cancelled going out this morning and as you'll probably have seen on the local cycling forums several reports of people coming off and warnings not to risk it. It might not be so icy tomorrow but only because it's wet. I've resiegned myself to a non-bike weekend
-
Hi
I have been asked for some clarification (due to concern over weather and potential newbies and inexperienced riders)
Will there be an Amblers rider tomorrow?
Many thanks
-
Hi Teresa. Because of the weather reports and the distance I will need to ride to get there I won't be out. But if there is anyone who would be willing to take the group then there will be a ride. I'll be back out again next weekend though.
-
What we need is a yes or no very quickly. The weather tomorrow is not looking pretty, 50 mph gusts will blow a lighter rider off, that’s without the rain that’s expected, we do not want newbies or Junior riders making their way to Physiques to find no one else there. So can we just say this weeks Amblers ride will not be happening.
-
Looking at the BBC Weather report for tomorrow at the moment. I think the safer option will be to say no ride in the morning. 70mph gusts at 9am will be dangerous even for someone my size.
-
Good call Ben. (And Ron)
-
Not too bad today,lots of water on the roads, Friday looks to be the best weather for the week.