My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on November 30, 2017, 02:44:52 PM
-
I'm proposing another seasonal sojourn to Bethlehem and posting early to gauge interest.
The plan is for the Chasers to start from Margam (transport logistics willing) and the Pacers to start from Brackla, with the intention of meeting in Cawdor Arms, Llandeilo for coffee stop. Also stopped at Burger King, Skewen last year and very welcome it was! :-[ ;D :-[.
The route is 70 miles starting in Margam or 93 miles starting in Brackla
It's a pretty hilly route, will be weather dependent and the last really long ride before the winter sets in. For the Chasers anyway!
I can take 2 riders and bikes to Margam, please indicate if you want to come along and whether you'll be starting in Margam or Brackla.
Anybody that I've ridden with in the Chasers is capable of riding this route but I will arrange for an alternative route for Chasers and Amblers, for those who can't make it.
-
I can plan a route for the Amblers and the Chasers who can't be out Andy. But I'll be cutting my ride short because we have a family party on the 10th :( I know which I'd prefer to be doing though.
-
Count me in, meet in Brackla ;D
-
I'm out the night before in Cardiff sorry I cant make it. Gutted, as its a good ride, enjoy!
-
Margam please.
-
Greg, you're a lightweight! I also have my works party the night before, get a grip, man. ;)
-
I’m in with festive bells on - Margam - don’t think my handlebars would stand 93miles of gnawing
-
Hope all the pacers are meeting in brackla 8)
-
Looking forward
Can we sing carols on the way. :)
-
Yes looking forward to it. I will start Brackla
-
I'm away on this weekend :(
-
really enjoyed this last year, great route. I will see you in Brackla
-
I've got a pass so will be out, starting from Margam
-
Looking forward to it. I'll see you at Margam.
-
Andy
Any chance you can post the route ?
-
Yes:- https://www.strava.com/routes/7177291
-
Forecast for the weekend not looking good.
Will speak with anybody who’s around Friday night and decide whether I plan to do the ride by Saturday.
The Black Mountain is not a great place to be in bad weather, as Steven and Greg will tell you from our trip 2 years ago!
-
Is it an option to do the ride Saturday as it looks like it may be too bad to go anywhere on Sunday ?
-
Not for me, unfortunately but worth canvassing opinion from others.
Anybody interested in riding to Bethelehem Saturday, instead of Sunday?
-
It’s freezing Saturday not conditions for going over black mountain unless you mad! :)
-
I can't do Saturday and Sunday doesn't look great, I'm gonna give it a miss! don't mind the cold, but all that way in the rain :o
-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3345295?day=0
I accept its only a forecast.
Last time we had a weather warning of ice I counted 15 people (Jan 2016) who went down that I knew personally ; some in this club.
Why take the risk? Just have a day off or ride on the rollers.
-
On top of the cold and rain, winds now forecast 40mph +.
I won't be out Sunday, it's turbo time. (or rollers!) :)