My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on November 30, 2017, 02:44:52 PM

Title: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Andy H on November 30, 2017, 02:44:52 PM
I'm proposing another seasonal sojourn to Bethlehem and posting early to gauge interest.
The plan is for the Chasers to start from Margam (transport logistics willing) and the Pacers to start from Brackla, with the intention of meeting in Cawdor Arms, Llandeilo for coffee stop. Also stopped at Burger King, Skewen last year and very welcome it was!  :-[ ;D :-[.
The route is 70 miles starting in Margam or 93 miles starting in Brackla
It's a pretty hilly route, will be weather dependent and the last really long ride before the winter sets in. For the Chasers anyway!
I can take 2 riders and bikes to Margam, please indicate if you want to come along and whether you'll be starting in Margam or Brackla.
Anybody that I've ridden with in the Chasers is capable of riding this route but I will arrange for an alternative route for Chasers and Amblers, for those who can't make it.

Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Ben on November 30, 2017, 03:00:35 PM
I can plan a route for the Amblers and the Chasers who can't be out Andy. But I'll be cutting my ride short because we have a family party on the 10th :( I know which I'd prefer to be doing though.
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Dave W on November 30, 2017, 03:15:11 PM
Count me in, meet in Brackla  ;D
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Greg B on November 30, 2017, 03:46:14 PM
I'm out the night before in Cardiff sorry I cant make it. Gutted, as its a good ride, enjoy!
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Steven on November 30, 2017, 03:46:46 PM
Margam please.
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Andy H on November 30, 2017, 03:57:35 PM
Greg, you're a lightweight! I also have my works party the night before, get a grip, man.  ;)
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Chris Reed on November 30, 2017, 07:48:49 PM
I’m in with festive bells on - Margam - don’t think my handlebars would stand 93miles of gnawing
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: harpo on November 30, 2017, 07:51:26 PM
Hope all the pacers are meeting in brackla 8)
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Reece0 on November 30, 2017, 08:23:58 PM
Looking forward

Can we sing carols on the way.  :)
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Nige on November 30, 2017, 08:55:27 PM
Yes looking forward to it. I will start Brackla
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: RichardB on November 30, 2017, 10:56:08 PM
I'm away on this weekend  :(
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Steve Chapman on December 02, 2017, 09:45:31 AM
really enjoyed this last year, great route. I will see you in Brackla
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Nick Langley on December 03, 2017, 08:06:04 PM
I've got a pass so will be out, starting from Margam
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Mark Pope on December 03, 2017, 09:37:32 PM
Looking forward to it. I'll see you at Margam.
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Reece0 on December 04, 2017, 05:25:08 PM
Andy
Any chance you can post the route ?
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Andy H on December 04, 2017, 05:43:12 PM
Yes:- https://www.strava.com/routes/7177291
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Andy H on December 06, 2017, 11:48:39 AM
Forecast for the weekend not looking good.
Will speak with anybody who’s around Friday night and decide whether I plan to do the ride by Saturday.
The Black Mountain is not a great place to be in bad weather, as Steven and Greg will tell you from our trip 2 years ago!
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Reece0 on December 07, 2017, 08:02:59 AM
Is it an option to do the ride Saturday as it looks like it may be too bad to go anywhere on Sunday ?
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Andy H on December 07, 2017, 08:39:59 AM
Not for me, unfortunately but worth canvassing opinion from others.

Anybody interested in riding to Bethelehem Saturday, instead of Sunday?
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: harpo on December 07, 2017, 11:16:47 AM
It’s freezing Saturday not conditions for going over black mountain unless you mad! :)
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Steve Chapman on December 07, 2017, 01:03:54 PM
I can't do Saturday and Sunday doesn't look great, I'm gonna give it a miss! don't mind the cold, but all that way in the rain  :o
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: xrayspecs on December 07, 2017, 01:11:12 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/3345295?day=0
I accept its only a forecast.
Last time we had a weather warning of ice I counted 15 people (Jan 2016) who went down that I knew personally ; some in this club.
Why take the risk? Just have a day off or ride on the rollers.
Title: Re: Chasing the Chasers (rather than the Star) to Bethlehem Sunday 10th December
Post by: Andy H on December 08, 2017, 03:14:23 PM
On top of the cold and rain, winds now forecast 40mph +.

I won't be out Sunday, it's turbo time. (or rollers!)  :)