My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: RichardB on September 29, 2017, 07:07:54 PM
-
It is the club hill climb on Sunday and practice in recent years has been to ride out as a group from Physique to Llangeinor. Sign in for the hill climb is by 10-15. I'll wait for others to post to see what time everyone intends leaving Physique. The forecast on Sunday is not great at present so after the hill climb we could just do a loop into the Vale? Bryncethin - Heol y Cwy - Llanharan - Pontyclun - Cowbridge - coffee stop at Cafe Velo in Llantwit Major - lanes back on to the Wick Road and home through Death Valley.
-
Hi Richard. Seems a good plan. Maybe all 3 groups ride together then?
-
I'll be at Physiques at 9am as normal.
-
Hi Richard. Seems a good plan. Maybe all 3 groups ride together then?
As you can see no one else has commented.
-
Has everyone gone to Mallorca early?
-
Richard, I'll be out, but with the weather not looking too promising, I don't fancy getting there too early & just getting cold (and possibly wet). I'm sure a 9.30 departure would get us there for 10. I'll make my own way there if agreement is for an earlier start. Looking forward to a large peloton for the ride after.
-
It should only take 30-40 mins to get out to Llangeinor so how about we leave Physique at 9-30, any thoughts?
-
Richard, I'll be out, but with the weather not looking too promising, I don't fancy getting there too early & just getting cold (and possibly wet). I'm sure a 9.30 departure would get us there for 10. I'll make my own way there if agreement is for an earlier start. Looking forward to a large peloton for the ride after.
I was typing as you were posting. I agree with the 9-30 start.
-
This is just confusing what if a new member turns up tomorrow unlikely but the start time is 9am from brackla or are we just making things up as we go along??
You can only get wet once.there are plenty off places to duck out of the rain at the bottom of the hill
-
....or just ride up and down the hill to keep warm!
Sorry can't make it tomorrow, have a good ride, hope the lungs recover quickly.
-
I'll be at Brackla at 9. So I can pick up any newbies
-
1st Sunday in December the time changes to 9.30 ;)
-
Hi Richard, I wont be there tommorow as im going to Wembley to watch NFL with my two sons. A couple of my mates are probably turning up to join the chasers club run and take part in hill climb if you could keep an eye out and look after them please,thanks.
-
Is 9 or 9:30 then ?
-
Is 9 or 9:30 then ?
Ben and others should be there from 9. I'll be going out at 9-30.
-
Richard, I'll join you for 9.30. See you tomorrow.
-
Out of interest the hill climb is later starting this year. Last year it started at 10.
-
Richard, my recollection of last year is that we thought it started at 10 so we all met up at 9 to cycle there, only to find we'd got the time wrong and it was a 10.30 start. There was some warm sunshine in the pub car park opposite, so most of us waited there. The weather is not looking so promising tomorrow, hence my suggestion for a 9.30 start, but I overlooked the 9am rule (which Dave pointed out). I'm still happy to go at 9.30, so see you then.
-
We won't restart the 9am "rule" debate today Mark 😁