My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on September 15, 2017, 09:47:29 AM

Title: Monmouthshire spin Fri 22nd Sept
Post by: Tom on September 15, 2017, 09:47:29 AM
I have to make one of my regular forays to my dentist in Monmouth next Friday.I get the train to Newport then ride up the back roads. The last few times we've turned it into a ride on some different roads by doing a loop through Monmouthshire back to Newport.Mark,Mal Lee and a few others have come over the years.Just posting in case anyone is free next Friday and fancies a spin?
Title: Re: Monmouthshire spin Fri 22nd Sept
Post by: Mark Pope on September 15, 2017, 11:37:31 AM
I'll be up for that Tom. As usual I'll meet you in Caerleon.
Title: Re: Monmouthshire spin Fri 22nd Sept
Post by: Tom on September 15, 2017, 12:24:15 PM
Great Mark-will confirm timing but should be in Caerleon about 10
Title: Re: Monmouthshire spin Fri 22nd Sept
Post by: mal jones on September 16, 2017, 09:57:28 AM
I'd like to do that Tom  again but can't commit just yet but will let you know in a few days
Title: Re: Monmouthshire spin Fri 22nd Sept
Post by: Tom on September 16, 2017, 11:00:23 AM
Fair enough Mal-no rush
Title: Re: Monmouthshire spin Fri 22nd Sept
Post by: Tom on September 19, 2017, 07:19:29 PM
I've e-mailed Mark Mal and Carrie to let you know I'm getting the train from Bridgend to Newport at 9.02-eta Caerleon Green 10.10.Plenty of room for more bikes on the train if anyone else wants to come!
Title: Re: Monmouthshire spin Fri 22nd Sept
Post by: Mark Pope on September 20, 2017, 09:10:35 AM
I'll see you on Caerleon Common at 1010 Tom.
Title: Re: Monmouthshire spin Fri 22nd Sept
Post by: Tom on September 22, 2017, 07:06:37 PM
Today's ride almost turned into a disaster! My dentist said he'd better change a cracked filling but after he'd finished said I shouldn't eat or drink for a few hours.He obviously didn't realise our Monmouthshire rides are all about the cake! Mark tried to make up for the reduced takings by having two pieces himself and by the time we got to Usk we felt I could risk a slice of fruit cake(Mark had his 3rd cake of the day)
Excellent ride and we managed to miss the rain.Next dental appointment 26th Jan(date for your diaries!)