My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on January 24, 2014, 11:09:31 PM
-
Weather forecast grim, come prepared.
Thought we could hang out with the Amblers to Welsh St Donats then continue on to Hensol, St Fagans, Pentyrch, Radyr, return via Llantrisant Rd, Llanharan and Pencoed
Just over 40 miles, probably far enough but could add a climb of Caerphilly Mountain if the weather relents!
http://connect.garmin.com/course/5579559
-
Just been out running, if the weather is like this in the morning I'll be sticking to the turbo!!
The forecast is actually even worse. :(
-
V. windy. Almost got blown off ( not exaggerating ) so take it easy. I'll stop short of saying don't ride as I wouldn't listen to my own advice.
-
Seconded. I'm working tomorrow, so tried to get out this afternoon. The wind was dreadful - I was blown to a standstill 3 times in 2 miles before turning round and giving up. Be very careful if you do go out tomorrow, but I'd advise a lie in.
-
Looking at the forecast (a little too windy for my liking) I think I'll give todays club run a miss and catch up on the tour down under.
I also shuffled through the 10 Day Forecast on the BBC, which we know can be hit and miss on occasions, but it looks like the temperature could start to plummet next weekend.
Try to have a good ride for those brave enough to venture out.