My Community

General Category => Sportives => Topic started by: craig m on August 25, 2017, 12:42:07 PM

Title: Velothon 2018
Post by: craig m on August 25, 2017, 12:42:07 PM
Pre Registration for the 2018 Velothon is now up

A revamped VELOTHON Wales will return for 2018 on Sunday 8 July, giving cycling enthusiasts another opportunity to race through the stunning scenery of South Wales on traffic-free roads.

Registration for the 140km route is opening soon, and all athletes who pre-register at the link below will gain exclusive access to a limited number of discounted early-bird entries (priced at £65) 48 hours before they go on sale to the public on September 8th.

Following on from the incredible success of the 2015-17 editions, the event will continue for the foreseeable future, with Welsh events company Run 4 Wales taking on management from IRONMAN under a license agreement.

Run 4 Wales look forward to introducing a host of exciting changes, including race pack postage, meaning athletes no longer have to arrive a day early to pick up race essentials, discounted early-bird entry so those registering early pay a new reduced price and a pair of brand-new shorter routes, which will be revealed shortly, allowing cyclists of all abilities to get involved with the VELOTHON Wales weekend.

With only 5000 discounted early-bird entries available, demand is expected to be high - athletes are encouraged to pre-register to avoid missing out.



PRE-REGISTER NOW  >
https://confirmsubscription.com/h/i/89DF6BEF52788C6C



Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Nick Langley on September 06, 2017, 10:55:46 AM
Just so everyone's aware, I have set up the team 'Ogmore Valley Wheelers' and the password is 'oggies' (all lowercase).
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Steve Chapman on September 06, 2017, 01:09:47 PM
I've put in the password as oggies and its saying password incorrect! anyone else having trouble?
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Steve Chapman on September 06, 2017, 01:33:27 PM
seemed to work when i typed in oggies and hit the space bar!
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: MikeHill on September 06, 2017, 04:54:53 PM
I've just signed up. Hope to god I don't have the same disaster though
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Nige on September 06, 2017, 06:09:50 PM
Trying to sign up but wont take password.....
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Nige on September 06, 2017, 06:47:53 PM
for password type in oggies then spacebar then hit confirm bottom of page and it worked
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Nick Langley on September 06, 2017, 07:11:14 PM
Ah sorry guys, I'm sure it was just oggies. Just to save confusion I'll leave it as is...therefore 'oggies ' (all lowercase with a space at the end!!! Got to keep this security tight you know 😉
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Reece0 on February 18, 2018, 04:25:45 PM
Nick
I can't remember if I've entered or not  :-[. Any chance you can post the riders that have joined the oggies team.
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Nick Langley on February 18, 2018, 06:39:16 PM
So far we have:

Nick Langley
Colin Langley
Reece Adams
Adrian Lewis
Mark Bryant
Craig McDonald
Nigel Williams
Mike Hill
Steve Chapman
Roy Holdham

If you have signed up but not entered the OVW team, feel free to get involved
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Teresa on May 11, 2018, 11:17:19 PM
Had an email from the Velothon peeps saying that the £65 (general entry priced ay £69) is still available for anyone wishing to take part in the 140km route.  Only valid for anyone not yet signed up to the event.
Use the code CLUB18 at the check out stage of registration.
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Nick Langley on May 16, 2018, 10:40:25 PM
Update on people so far:

Nick Langley
Colin Langley
Reece Adams
Adrian Lewis
Mark Bryant
Craig McDonald
Nigel Williams
Mike Hill
Steve Chapman
Roy Holdham
Paul Rosser
Patrick Weir
Carrie Hawksworth
Nick Hawksworth

#teamovw 😀

Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Ben on May 23, 2018, 09:53:00 AM
I'm taking part now as well. But as Clair isn't driving at the moment due to her back is there anyone who could help me get from Llantwit to Cardiff on time?
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Ade on July 04, 2018, 08:16:25 PM
Ben, if you still need a lift I can pick you up. We will need to cycle in to the city centre from St Mellon's though.
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Ben on July 04, 2018, 10:01:19 PM
I'm considering riding in. If you want to meet me at my house I won't be bombing it there. I was going to stop at Mcdonalds by Culverhouse
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: ron b on July 07, 2018, 10:12:36 AM
Good luck tomorrow, avoid the Muppets if you can, at least they will all be on bikes?
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Ade on July 09, 2018, 04:44:37 PM
Some pictures from the event on walesonline. I made the cut (pic10).

I love cycling. I should tell my face.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gallery/velothon-2018-wales-pictures-see-14881527
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Teresa on July 09, 2018, 05:05:45 PM
Some really good pics.

Looks all very sedate  ;)
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Ben on July 09, 2018, 10:08:46 PM
Some great pictures there. Doesn't show how warm it was though  ;D ;D
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Mark B on July 10, 2018, 01:38:05 PM
....and I have spotted Mr Chapman in at least one picture on the Argus website:

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/16342017.brilliant-pictures-as-8000-riders-brave-the-sun-to-ride-in-velothon-2018/#gallery3
Title: Re: Velothon 2018
Post by: Steve Chapman on July 11, 2018, 09:33:13 AM
Team results are in! 6th place finish for us! well done guys.

https://www.tdleventservices.co.uk/event-results/events?event=2955&tc=140K%20Team%20Race%20Champion%20-%20Male%20%26%20Mixed