My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Teresa on January 22, 2014, 06:09:06 PM
-
Note from the cinema manager - thought you might be interested.
Dear Ogmore Valley Wheelers,
As a avid cycling fan and cinema manager I am pleased to announce that we are holding a special UK showing of The Armstrong Lie and thought your cycling club would be interested.
Filmmaker Alex Gibney followed Lance Armstrong for four years with the intent of chronicling his return to cycling after retirement as Armstrong tried to win his eighth Tour de France. Unexpectedly, Gibney was also there when Armstrong admitted to doping, which resulted in the film being retitled from "The Road Back" to "The Armstrong Lie." Certificate 15.
BAFTA Film Award [Nominee] (2014)
Best Documentary
We have the following exclusive showings here at Showcase Cinemas Nantgarw Cardiff:
Sunday 9th February 2014 at 4pm
Tuesday 11th February 2014 at 7:30pm
Adult tickets are priced at £10.00 and Students & Insiders £7.00. However there is the possibility of a group discount if sufficient numbers are reached. Please call or email me to discuss.
Regards,
Peter Ryder
Manager
01443 844437
07779233807
Showcase Cinemas Nantgarw
Heol Y Odyn
Parc Nantgarw
Treforest
CF15 7QX
www.showcasecinemas.co.uk
-
I'd be keen to see it on the 11th, could possibly bring a couple of other folk along.
Chris
-
I'm not a great fan of that cinema but it's something that I would interested in seeing on the Tuesday evening...
-
I'm not a great fan of that cinema but it's something that I would interested in seeing on the Tuesday evening...
Tuesday evening is Chaingang evening!!!
-
Not if its raining...i am gonna keep my options open ;)
-
I've booked some tickets for Sunday. 8)
-
How was it Davey?
-
Good!! Didn't tell the jaded cycling fan (that's most of us!!) anything we didn't know or haven't read in books such as 'Wheelmen', but was very well presented and certainly gave it all 'colour'. Very cinematic and brought it all to life.
Recommended.