My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Rob P on July 14, 2017, 11:13:01 PM
-
...we will need:
Flags, as many red ones as possible, black and white finish flag, red and white chequered, and the Welsh (draig goch) flag for the start, with poles please
Hi viz tabards or jackets
Bell if possible
Tea urn (very important!)
Any other catering stuff that's around, plates, napkins
Possibly there's some spray paint up there, would be useful.
Thanks.
-
Do we have a bell in the lock up, if not can someone supply one?
-
Numbers!
-
And numbers
-
(https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A149dceCAAAPNb5.jpg)
-
OK here we go, things from the lock up
Hi Viz jackets 7
tabards 11
signs 110x80 4 Caution cycle race
90x60 11
triangle 13
cable ties 350
Line marking paint some
flags red 9
dragon 1
black/white check 1
red/white/check 1
green/white border 1
yellow 1
new OGGY flag 1 who's got the other one?
White pins for attaching signs in turf
Road race, double numbers box full
last but not least a bell with instructions?
-
Fantastic, thanks.
No tea urn though? Where's that to?
-
Try asking Mary?
-
Who,s got the other flag?
-
Where can I collect the signs and the locations for them from?
-
Mark Rosser now has all the signs :) And the pictures of where they need to go are in the big thread in the road racing subforum.
Thanks everyone, I feel a bit useless being unable to drive at the moment and asking other people to do so much I'd normally do myself. But finally feeling a bit less stressed.
-
Correction: Mark doesn't have all the signs - he has all the extra ones from the velodrome, but that includes all the direction arrows. Ron has the club's 'cycle event' signs (except for the ones Norman has from the club 10's which he will take direct to Ewenny garden centre on sunday morning.)
For the course-setting:
Cowbridge team: Andy H & Paul N junctions 1,2&3 - you need 16no 'cycle event' signs, 3no direction signs, a 1km to go and a 'cycle race finish area'. Mark Rosser has enough stuff to cover that and Andy is arranging to pick up direct from him so I think that's sorted. The finish line should still be there from the 2-day last month.
Ewenni team: Toestrap Steve junctions 4,5&6 - you need 10no 'cycle event' signs, 6no direction signs. Ron has enough event signs, and Mark as above has all the direction sizes. Norman has enough 'cycle event' signs to do the Ewenny garden centre junction and the Corntown area so the garden centre junction only needs direction arrows.
Llantwit team: Ben junctions 7,8&9 - you need 20no 'cycle event' signs, 6no direction signs. That's 18 event signs from Ron and the remaining two that Mark has, plus direction signs from Mark.
Norman - we need three 'cycle event' signs around the Ewenni garden centre, and another three up in Corntown. Those ones are ok to go up on the Sunday morning if you're going straight there on the day.
All the junction layout pictures and sign placements are in the big thread: http://www.ogmorevalleywheelers.net/index.php?topic=2045.msg14331#msg14331 The purpose of 'cycle event' signs is to warn oncoming traffic, and direction signs are to advise the riders, so please keep in mind when choosing appropriate posts to hang them off.
Mark also has all the car stuff (radio's, lights, signboards) - we'll sort out a way for those to be at the HQ on Sunday morning.
My no is 07510 303739. And the plan is that by next year my brain surgeon will be happy for me to start driving again so I can go back to just doing everything myself again, because delegating stuff is hard.
And finally, we no longer have a tea urn but Cowbridge Scout hall does.
-
So the burning question is how are people going to get the signs they need to set the course. Club tomorrow night? All marshals will require Hi Viz plus a flag?
-
I dont drive but Clair does. Ideally I need all my signs in one place. Cant get to club meeting tomorrow though. I could come and collect them from you on Saturday morning though Ron.
-
Ben you can pick up signs from Pencoed, one question, you are signing junc/map 7,8,and 9 how do you intend to get around and pick after event?
-
Will be at the Club tonight with Hi Viz clothing and Red flags for those needing them. I will be in Cowbridge HQ on Sunday morning opening time with rest.
-
I hadn't thought about picking them up :-[ If they will fit in a bag I'll have to take my big rucksack and ride round to collect them Sunday evening.
-
Ben,
I am going to the club night tonight. I can pick the signs up and deliver them to you if you tell me your address..
Regards
Steven
-
I think I messaged you :)
-
Ben these signs are not going to fit in a bag, 18 "caution signs" plus others
-
I will have to ask Clair nicely on the way home from the Vegan festival then ;D
-
Rob, I now have the roof signs, flashing lights etc from Mark in my car. I will be at HQ by 9 Sunday
-
Awesome. Well done and thanks everyone. Any problems or questions today, I'm on 07510 303 739. Otherwise I'll be making sandwiches and cakes, and printing out lots of forms. See you in the morning.
-
Bit of drizzle today, anyone free at lunch time Ben could do with a little help to take down all the signs around Llantwit. Just get to Llantwit roundabout by 12, he's always got sweets.
-
I'm picking them up after 2ish. I don't have sweets today either:-(
-
I have my collection of signs and stakes.
Presuming they need to be returned to lock-up or club HQ?
Any dates envisaged for this purpose?
Well done Rob and all volunteers for the WASP - it appears to have been a big success!
-
Steve, I will be picking up returns at Club Friday, I will also be going to our 10 or 9.6 on Thursday so if you live en route I could relieve you of the yellow stuff. Ben if you have recovered perhaps I could collect yours Thursday? Answers on a post card