My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Ben on July 11, 2017, 07:07:26 PM

Title: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: Ben on July 11, 2017, 07:07:26 PM
I won't be out this weekend. It's my wife's 40th on Saturday and we have my parents visiting. So could someone take the ride for me please?
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: Andy H on July 12, 2017, 06:40:40 AM
I'll take the group, Ben.

Will post a suggested route, friday
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: Ben on July 12, 2017, 07:57:54 AM
Thanks Andy. When are you doing a newbie ride next?
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: Andy H on July 12, 2017, 10:45:57 AM
This Saturday afternoon 1:00.
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: Andy H on July 15, 2017, 11:17:49 AM
Suggested route for Sunday, coffee stop in the Broomwagon, Porthcawl.

Hope the weather forecast improves!

https://www.strava.com/routes/9596271
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: mal jones on July 15, 2017, 04:20:37 PM
Hi Andy I was due to be in Lake District this weekend for a sportive but cancelled due to a) campsite full b)dodgy weather and c) even dodgier hip!! I should be ok for 30 odd miles though I'll meet you at Litchard cross at 9.10 if that's ok - if I've read the route correctly thanks
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: Nick H on July 15, 2017, 06:16:26 PM
Although weather looks promising, will be resting up tomorrow (and maybe a day or two more...) on account of a sore knee.
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: Andy H on July 15, 2017, 06:29:51 PM
Mal, yes map reading skills OK, see you at Litchard Cross

Nick, hope the knee recovers quickly

Andy
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: Andy H on July 16, 2017, 02:04:50 PM
11 out on a 'mixed ability' ride this morning. Very wet but luckily not too windy or cold.
Young Ben out in short sleeves and no rain jacket!
Also out Mark R, Chris G, Haydn, Greg, Mike, Lee, Adrian, Richard, Mal and me.
Mainly flat route with a couple of lumps. Mostly at a reasonable pace, although occasionally above 'ambling' 🙄
Richard had a mechanical just before Margam and had to be rescued, trust you got home OK!
Coffee stop in the broomwagon, where the rain seemed to ease off but started again on the return leg to Bridgend. Group split at Llandow where the Pacers in the group decided on a 2nd coffee stop in Cowbridge.
Enjoyable ride despite the weather
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: mal jones on July 16, 2017, 07:06:38 PM
I got stitched up by Harpo  with the promise of a free coffee - before I knew it I was heading to cowbridge with 4 pacers but they looked after me well on the short stretch home thanks boys
Title: Re: Amblers ride Sunday 16th July
Post by: Richard L on July 16, 2017, 08:19:55 PM
Thankfully I made it home safely, but I put the mechanical down to that idiot that fitted my new chain yesterday- me.