My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on June 13, 2017, 04:56:37 PM

Title: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Andy H on June 13, 2017, 04:56:37 PM
I will be running up and down mountains the next two weekends so won't be around for the club run.

Please post your route suggestions

Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Greg B on June 13, 2017, 05:31:25 PM
Weather is looking good and its Fathers Day so we get to call the shots for the one day a year! Anyone up for a long one heading up Brecon or longer similar to the ride we did a month ago. Harpo and Jason know some good routes up that way.  :)
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: harpo on June 13, 2017, 08:47:41 PM
https://www.strava.com/activities/975664294
 this one of the best routes ive done. be a good idea to start from hirwaun, i can take a couple of bikes, whos intersted?
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: harpo on June 13, 2017, 08:59:07 PM
think its best to do this week after next!
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: harpo on June 13, 2017, 09:07:06 PM
Cant do it then, monster sportive is on ::) will have have put it on the back burner
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Greg B on June 13, 2017, 09:36:46 PM
Looks good im in whenever we can do it
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Tom on June 13, 2017, 10:23:45 PM
It's a pity you replied Greg-I was enjoying Harpo's soliloquy
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Jason T on June 14, 2017, 07:24:08 AM
What do people fancy for this Sunday if you want a longer ride... we could still head north to Tirabad/Brecon, east to Rhosilli or maybe west to England and back to Tintern.
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Greg B on June 14, 2017, 09:15:37 AM
I missed out on the Tintern run last year so I wouldn't mind doing that but I'm easy as other options sound good too
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Jason T on June 14, 2017, 09:53:48 AM
This is what Tintern would look like with going over the bridge (I know a few people want to do this) but cutting out the tumble;
https://www.strava.com/routes/9169203
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Steve Chapman on June 14, 2017, 03:03:14 PM
I fancy this! Just a little worried about my current level and the fact that it's Father's Day. Been out today and still not great. I won't know for sure until Saturday
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Ben on June 14, 2017, 03:08:22 PM
Come out with the Amblers then Steve. We'll do 1 mile less at half a km/h less too  ;D ;)
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Nige on June 14, 2017, 07:20:23 PM
Yes, sounds good to me ......but will need my magic socks again;)
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Jason T on June 15, 2017, 08:18:07 AM
Just think of those tan lines  ;D

What's the general consensus for Tintern this Sunday then as if most are up for it we'll have to decided on an 08:00 or 09:00 start time I would have thought?

I would have thought you would be Ok Steve, not a massive amount of climbing compared to last years.
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: craig m on June 15, 2017, 08:22:13 AM
Jason...is this an 8:00am start....? what time estimated return?
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Greg B on June 15, 2017, 08:22:26 AM
I'm in
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Jason T on June 15, 2017, 09:00:36 AM
Craig, as above so we'll have to decided on an 08:00 or 09:00 start.

I would suggest the ride will be eight to nine hours with a coffee stop so an 08:00 might be best.

Any opinions.

Cheers.
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: Nige on June 15, 2017, 05:29:29 PM
Im OK for an 8 start.
Title: Re: Pacers Club run Sunday 18th/25th June
Post by: harpo on June 15, 2017, 08:24:34 PM
Any start time is fine with me! Just not looking forward to seeing thoses socks!!