My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on May 29, 2017, 12:41:57 PM

Title: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Tom on May 29, 2017, 12:41:57 PM
Weather permitting I plan to be at B&Q at9.45 as usual tomorrow.
I know Mark is away with work but think Chris M is not working-let me know if you plan to be out.
I can't do Thursday or Friday this week unfortunately
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Ben on May 29, 2017, 01:39:26 PM
I'll be out tomorrow.
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: mal jones on May 29, 2017, 02:46:13 PM
See you 9.45
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Ben on May 30, 2017, 08:08:17 AM
Weather dependant for me too
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Tom on May 30, 2017, 08:17:19 AM
At the moment it's raining quite hard here in Bridgend.It's due to clear up but if it's still raining at 9.30 I'll postpone for an hour or so
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Ben on May 30, 2017, 08:54:00 AM
It is here too Tom. Takes me 40+ minutes to get there. So I think I may be taking a "rain" check
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Steven on May 30, 2017, 09:39:14 AM
Excellent!  my allotment is getting a watering!
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Tom on May 30, 2017, 01:15:08 PM
Met Office Mal was confident it would dry up and he was right-Mal me and Chris this morning.
It's a bit short notice but if weather ok Mal and I are considering riding into Cardiff Bay tomorrow morning to look at the Champions League preparations. Probably hoping to leave here about 9 in case anyone else is free-yet to be confirmed with Mal(he'll have to persuade his wife to walk the dog)
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Ben on May 30, 2017, 03:21:45 PM
I'm allowed out. I got a nice route planned for a ride to work. The Tuesday ride up to Welsh St Donats then over to Clawdd-coch down St Brides road up to the  back of St Fagans then Fairwater, Pontcanna and onto the bay.

(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a625/logicalretrobike/route_zpsamvntbsk.jpg) (http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/logicalretrobike/media/route_zpsamvntbsk.jpg.html)
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Tom on May 30, 2017, 04:26:44 PM
Hi Ben,
I was just about to post to say it might be easier for you to meet en route rather than coming to Bridgend. The route you've posted is very close to the route we normally take-Tuesday route to Welsh St Donats then left toward but not into Pendoylan through Peterston to St Fagans then either through Fairwater or Taff Trail via Llandaff North.We can decide when we meet(we normally cross the Barrage and come back on the other side of the A48-via Wenvoe,St Lythans)-I'll let you know if Mal confirms but do you want to meet somewhere en route?
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Ben on May 30, 2017, 04:40:02 PM
I can meet you at the midweek roundabout Tom. I don't mind :)
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Tom on May 30, 2017, 05:07:15 PM
Mal can't make it Ben but he may see us in Cardiff Bay-I'll be at the B&Q roundabout at 9.In case you get held up etc my mobile is 07747 868239
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Ben on May 30, 2017, 05:40:15 PM
Good for me Tom. I'll text you now so you have my number too.
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Tom on May 31, 2017, 02:37:33 PM
Ben Mike and I met at B&Q at 9 and set off for Cardiff Bay.At 9.01 it started to rain.Fortunately I was able to call on the old cyclists trick of stopping to put my coat on-it stopped almost immediately.We followed Ben's route(in the main)but when we got to Pontcanna he had a text from his wife who was having breakfast in Harvester in case he wanted to join her-he did.
Mika and I went to the Bay-floating Pitch disappointing-it's 5 a side size-but replica Champion's Trophy impressive-about the size of my house.After I'd been reprimanded for (innocently)riding in a push only zone-the security guy was extremely polite but built like the sort of man I certainly wouldn't be arguing with we rode over the Barrage and stopped for tea and cake in Dinas P.Back through some slightly muddy lanes which I thoughtlessly took Mike through on his brand new bike-sorry Mike,I'll come round and wash it next time-we got back about 1.30.Good ride and good company!
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Ben on May 31, 2017, 03:29:25 PM
I enjoyed it. Great ride. Breakfast wasn't great but gave me the food to get home again so I went back the way we came. Got home about same time as you actually.
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: mal jones on May 31, 2017, 06:19:20 PM
I walked from the city centre to the bay about 11.30 but you'd probably left by then did you see all the signed shirts from previous CL final scorers in the millennium centre? I'll post you a pic of the 40 ft cup tom
Title: Re: mid week rides wk of 29/5
Post by: Tom on May 31, 2017, 07:45:28 PM
Thanks Mal-I'm excited about the photo-didn't go up to the Millennium Centre itself so missed the shirts!