My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on May 22, 2017, 09:51:04 AM
-
Forecast a bit more promising so B&Q at 9.45 as usual tomorrow. I know Mark and Chris M plan to be out.I'm about to go and give blood so will be even slower than usual!
I'm doing one of my Monmouth rides on Friday-I'll get the train to Newport,just in case anyone fancies a change of scene.
-
Well as Paul Simon once said 'The Weatherman Lied'-nevertheless Mark Chris and I braved the murk.It wasn't cold but that's about all you can say.Distinct lack of cyclists in the café(with the notable exception of John Edwards).Still our Monmouthshire jaunt is still on with forecast temperatures of mid-20's(fingers crossed the weatherman is more reliable)
-
Thanks to Mark for holding my hand at the dentist today.and ,more important keeping me company for 70 or so sunny miles on quiet roads.I got through 5 bottles of water,probaly a personal record for a medium ride plus of course bread and butter pudding and an afternoon ice-cream.That back road from Monmouth to Abergavenny via Rockfield and the Hendre must be a contender for most horrible hills in the shortest distance in Wales!
We're hoping to do it again later in the Summer but minus the dental stop!