My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on April 12, 2017, 01:12:25 PM
-
Looks like a dry but cool day, strong westerly.
Couple of loops around the Gower, 76 miles, wind assisted home leg, coffee stop in the marina on the way back! (at about 50 miles)
https://www.strava.com/routes/8255469
-
nice route! the tandem will be out on sunday ;D
-
We'll keep it on a tight leash, no 30mph smash ups (at least on the way out!) ;D
-
I plan to be back out with you guys on Sunday if that's OK.
-
Sgt Major Harpo may have something to say!! ;D
-
But thats expected lol :)
-
I'll be there 👍🏾
Too many biscuits this week it's embarrassing
-
12 out today for a ride down to the Gower, without the advertised loops! :-[
10 riders plus the tandem. Out today were,
Steven
Terry
Dave & Keith
Dylan
Craig
Mike
Carl
Jason
Steve C
Mike
Me
Steven and I led us out to Laleston at what seemed to be a decent base but compared to the rest of the ride, could only be called dawdling. Steven lit the blue touch paper by declaring a 'prime' on Roger's Lane and from that point on it livened up.
The tandem, Craig, Dylan and Mike took turns in inflicting pain on the group along Harbour way, which eventually saw me drop off and be 'rescued' by Jason and Steve. By the end of the ride I was wishing they'd left me.
The pack waited in Skewen, depleted by two as Steven and Terry headed straight for the Marina over Briton Ferry bridge. Headed for the Gower via Bonymaen and the Mumbles Road taking a right turn up the sneaky little climb of Mayals Road.
Onto the Fairwood and the fast boys gapped the group and as a result we missed the loop of the Gower but by this time I wasn't going to complain. Retraced our steps to the Marina cafe where Steve C consumed his bodyweight in cream cake, something he came to regret!
Quick blast along Fabian Way (which saw me take the Strava segment... for 55 to 64 year olds )
then the usual suffering through Port Talbot and Margam before myself and Steve C dropped off the group (he was warned about the cake) and ambled back to Brackla.
106km @30km/h is pretty quick for me, so I'm just glad Harpo wasn't there to make the suffering even worse.
Good ride and back in time for Amstel Gold (and chocolate eggs!!)
-
I was out today, good ride today but legs complained on following Craig up Crack hill.
-
Sorry Nige, I can't count!! :-[
-
Lol, no problem
-
Good ride today everyone, luck to miss most of the rain :)