My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: birdman on January 07, 2014, 06:50:02 PM
-
Has anybody else had this brought on by cycling or am I just very unlucky??
If yes any tips or suggestions??
Thanks
Si.
-
Never had 'golfer's elbow' even when I used to play golf. ;D
Physio. Ice after exercise. Rest. Anti-inflammatories (ibuprofen) if pain is really bad.
Find source of problem. i.e. position on bike, grip on bars too tight
-
Is Golfer's Elbow the same as Tennis Elbow??
-
http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/epicondylitis-lateral-and-medial
Useful article which includes treatment
-
Thanks Andy-I am enlightened!
-
Is it brought on by your road bike or TT bike? Might be worth bringing it down to the club to check the fit perhaps?
Chris
-
Chris,
I don't think its a bike fit problem but possibly gripping the bars too hard. This combined with a long ride when your upper body weight is on your arms seems to bring it on.
might try fitting a set of tri bars to my road bike to see if this helps.
Si.