My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on March 20, 2017, 11:56:10 AM

Title: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Tom on March 20, 2017, 11:56:10 AM
Back to the routine! Weather forecast not great tomorrow but if it's not wet I'll be at B&Q as usual.I know Mark is hoping to make it.
I can only do Thursday this week other than that(weather Gods permitting)
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Mark Pope on March 20, 2017, 12:01:11 PM
Hi Tom,

I can't make tomorrow but I will be out on Thursday if you or anyone else fancies a spin then?
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: mal jones on March 20, 2017, 12:57:36 PM
Why didn't you bottle some Majorcan sunshine and bring it home with you Tom!! Unlike you I've had 10 days off the bike trying to rest the hip - don't think it's worked but I will be out tomorrow if the weather is ok
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Ben on March 20, 2017, 05:34:11 PM
I'm out on Wednesday evening but around Bangor and Caernarfon.
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Mark Pope on March 22, 2017, 07:05:30 PM
I'm out and about tomorrow if anyone fancies a ride? 0945 from B&Q seems to be a good start point. I'm relaxed about the route and distance but would like a coffee stop at some stage ;).


Mark
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Tom on March 22, 2017, 07:13:19 PM
Hi Mark-I'm a bit in 2 minds about tomorrow-the BBC are forecasting rain early but more to the point I've been feeling a bit below par all week-as Steve,Chris and Mal can confirm from Tuesday!If I wake up and feel great and it's dry I'll be there but more likely may go for a very gentle potter to Cowbridge in the afternoon. Sorry to be a wimp!
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Mark B on March 22, 2017, 09:24:43 PM
If anyone fancies a lumpy, long ride on Friday, I'll be doing Bwlch, Rhigos, Cimla, Bwlch with a stop at the cafe at Afan Argoed. I have some flexibility re start time, but need to be out no later than mid-morning (but would normally aim for about an 8.30-ish start). Anyone interested with legs fresh from the Mallorcan hills?
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Mark Pope on March 23, 2017, 08:25:14 AM
Hi Mark,

Enjoy the hills today. I won't be able to join you as I've now got to take Carol to work. I'll be going out later and riding out from Barry for a slightly flatter option.
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Mark B on March 23, 2017, 09:24:34 AM
Mark, it is tomorrow not today, so still a chance to join me
😊
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Ben on March 23, 2017, 02:08:58 PM
My mid-week ride was great. Only 27 miles but some good hills. At the top of the mountain it was freezing, so much so my bosses Garmin switched off from the cold, snow on the hills around us. But spectacular views.
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Nige on March 23, 2017, 05:23:42 PM
Mark I might be out Friday, where you meeting ?
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Mark B on March 23, 2017, 07:16:41 PM
Nige, I am planning to leave St Brides at 8.30. Can meet you at outside Phisique at 8.45 or anywhere else in Bridgend if that suits better. Can be flexible on departure time, up to the latest of about 10am if 8.45 is awkward.
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Nige on March 23, 2017, 07:24:20 PM
Mark,
so long as the weather is good (forecast looks good) see you at phsique 08:45
Title: Re: Mid week rides wk of 20/03
Post by: Mark B on March 23, 2017, 07:47:34 PM
Brilliant. Windy but dry. See you at 8.45