My Community
General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: Davey C on January 06, 2014, 04:02:27 PM
-
Early posting to forewarn everyone - time to put down the mince pies and get back to work!
7pm Bridgend Industrial Estate.
Not long to go until the Spring/Summer chaingangs start which means am injection of speed. As of next week the chaingangs will get start to get a little quicker so come mid Feb we are hitting the ground running.
That's not to say next week will be a race, the aim will still be to keep it smooth but shorter, faster turns will start to raise everyone's heart rate.
-
Tempted. But sick so prob won't make it :(
-
Wont be able to make it tonight, wife working late shift, and me holding the baby, see you next week !!
-
Davey
I think there will be a range of fitness post Xmas and would suggest we try to continue where we left off and then start to ramp it up in a couple of weeks?
For others who may be put off, there will be several chaingangs based on ability !
-
Hi Gents,
I have it from a good source that the back road is closed,2 concrete barriers across it and looks like it could be shut for a while ???
I suggest we try the alternative route,as we have in the past,ie right turn,if the above is the case?
See you there,
Mark.
-
Went down there Sunday and it was open, except for a small stretch where we take a left to go onto the home straight. So i.e. would have been good for us as no cars to interfere with that turn.
I think a warehouse had been on fire?
-
I have had enough of getting battered in the wind so will give tonight a miss.
Just to let you know whilst travelling between our two buildings I noticed there are road works half way down the out straight which have filtered it into one lane. (Who knows they might be resurfacing!)
-
Or just having a new year dig
-
Fair play, I feel fine but that completely annihilated me tonight and I dropped off early.
Christmas has certainly taken its toll.
After a much needed push, thanks Davey, I couldn't hold on for the return leg and dropped off to complete another two laps or so by myself.
Upon returning to the car park feeling completely dejected it appeared that the pack had split into a couple of individuals and smaller groups tonight.
-
Fair play, I feel fine but that completely annihilated me tonight and I dropped off early.
Christmas has certainly taken its toll.
After a much needed push, thanks Davey, I couldn't hold on for the return leg and dropped off to complete another two laps or so by myself.
Upon returning to the car park feeling completely dejected it appeared that the pack had split into a couple of individuals and smaller groups tonight.
Don't worry about it Jason, pushing yourself to the limits (and sometimes over them) is what training is about. Probably done yourself more good/ improvement this evening than in a week of commuting. And we've ALL had that rejected solo return to the car park/ home
-
Hi Gents,
Just wasn't happening for me tonight either?
Still have virus and was pretty obvious when I had no power and felt weak!!!
Only managed to hang on for 4 laps and then the" ride of shame to the car park"!........"Knackered"!!!
Hay Ho!.Move on.
-
It was the mix of;
- 3 weeks without a chaingang
- new riders
- a new circuit
- a nasty headwind
as a result the group struggled to stay together and then split. For those who failed to complete the lesson correctly I will be holding a remedial chaingang at 7pm on Thursday!
-
Yes it was a bit grippy last night. Tried my best to keep the group together but as Steven points out, there were some factors that made it difficult.
-
Remedial chaingang 7pm.
Good weather forecast...
-
concerned about the accuracy of the chaingang numbering system going forward!
-
this is not a new chaingang, merely a continuation of the Tuesday one, 48hrs later !
-
Best referred to as chain gang 13a perhaps (although if I had done 13 I would have pushed for this to be called 12a and therefore this would be 12b).
-
How did it go?
-
Just the two of us - no wind and rain later on. Happy to get an extra session in!