My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Steven on August 16, 2013, 04:02:48 PM
-
This year's club dinner will be held on Friday 29th November 2013 at the Bear Hotel in Cowbridge. Tickets will be priced at £30 and the Guest of Honour will be Bill Owen, President of Welsh Cycling.
Please put the date in your diary - I will start selling tickets with about a month to go.
-
I am now starting to collect monies for the dinner. Ways to pay;
£30. Cheque payable to Ogmore Valley Wheelers or cash to Mary at clubnight.
Ditto to Steven Madeley, Clifton House, Treoes, Bridgend CF35 5DH.
We will repeat last year's successful format at the Bear Hotel, Cowbridge. The guest of honour is Welsh Cycling President, Bill Owen.
-
Dropped through the door.
Was tempted to pinch one of those rather nice apples but resisted.
-
Help yourself! The whole village is after them - I think another few days to ripen completely....
-
Steve
It will be only one ticket as usual and this year it will be without crutches ! I hope.
Photography Competition. I understand we are reviving this competition. There is a trophy. Does anyone know the rules ? I think there were three categories; Sporting, Social and Humour ? And I think there was an independant judge. The entries were also exhibited at the dinner so the judging and awards must have been done before the dinner ?
I think there have been a few opportunities this year for some good ones, not least the Brompton Race Kit and the French Party on the TdF eve.
There is a final opportunity for the Social Entries at the Roadmans Night out tomorrow - so bring your cameras (or smart-arse phones) everyone.
Tim
-
Steven - cheque sent for £60 for tickets for myself and Rob Powell.
Thanks!
-
Haven't seen you the last few Sundays Steve.I had a bit of doubt about the Club Dinner as I'm in London that day but should now be back in time so I'll bring a cheque to the AGM
-
I'll be at the club tonight if you want to empty your piggy banks !
-
Davey, I have your cheque for 4 places - Thanks. What is the name of your guest?
-
Cheque delivered today by a very wet hand, apples do look nice.
-
Special offer - 5 apples to any Oggie delivering a cheque to my address !
-
They've all fallen off the tree then!
-
Davey, I have your cheque for 4 places - Thanks. What is the name of your guest?
Umm 4 places? Maybe my mistake I thought tickets were £30 each? It's only Rob and I (no sniggering), wives and other halfs aren't able to attend.
-
wifes and other halfs...you're both talented guys but surely you can only have one or the other!
-
Menu attached
Could I have your choices please?
[attachment deleted by admin]
-
Soup,mushroom stroganoff ,lemon tart please Steven!
-
Belinda soup chicken and chocolate tart
Me soup salmon and lemon tart
-
Soup
Chicken
Lemon Tart
Many thanks
-
Terrine / Chicken / Choc Tart please
-
Jen - Terrine, salmon and chocolate tart
Me - Soup, stroganoff and lemon tart
-
Snap Andy!
-
Terrine, Salmon & Chocolate for me please
-
Rob J:
Soup
Salmon
Chocolate tart
Ruth J:
Soup
Salmon
Chocolate tart
Cheque for tickets in the post. Thanks.
-
I have had a great response in terms of numbers for the club dinner, with over 40 people attending, the most for a number of years! If you have yet to tell me you are attending, or want to find out a little more, please get in touch..
madelsnene@aol.com
-
Dress code ?
-
Hi Steven, Soup, chicken, lemon tart please. Oh the cheque's in the post (honest)!
Mark P
-
Dress code - Mmm... I'd say smart casual. If we were a night club I'd say no T- Shirts, Jeans or Trainers ( except for Sean Yates!)
-
Smart jeans are generally allowed in night clubs these days and look great with a shirt and shoes... ;D
-
Agreed, rest assured, we won't be checking...
-
Terrine, chicken and chocolate tart please Steve.
-
Hi Steven,
Soup,Chicken,Lemon Tart.
Cheers.
-
Hi Steven,
Four more for the dinner - myself & Tony Mansell plus wives. Will give Mary the money next Friday and will get the menu choices by tomorrow ... I'm assuming none of this is too late for inclusion.
Thanks,
Terry
-
my choice soup. chicken, lemon tart, Janet's choice, terrine, salmon, choc. Must remember to bring along a "RAFFLE PRIZE" for the drawer, anyone else is quite welcome to bring a suitable gift to add to the box. I think I won most of them last year.
-
Agreed, rest assured, we won't be checking...
I will. >:(
-
Over 50 now attending the dinner. If you haven't put your name down and have realised what you are missing you need to email me by 6pm tomorrow...
madelsnene@aol.com
-
Hi Steven,
Louise, soup, chicken, chocolate.
Chris, soup, stroganoff, lemon.
Apologies for the delay.
Chris
-
Can I ask you to think about a raffle prize for next Friday's dinner. It can be a nice bottle of wine, something cycling related or even a booby prize! Just bring it with you on the night.
The famous 'red shorts' are back with me from last year and will, of course be the star prize !
-
Does anyone know the time of the Dinner on Friday?I imagine either 7 for 7.30 or 7.30 for 8??
-
.. Arrive at 7pm. To the ballroom when called. Grace from the Rev Roberts and food at 7.30pm..
-
Thanks to all for a very pleasant evening, I hope it offered some motivation for more riders to take part in events in 2014. First off is the 50 mile reliability event in the spring with the Club 10 mile TT starting in May. Advise and information on different events is always available on this web site or at the Cub on a Friday night. Go on av a go.
-
Hi All,
Great night,really enjoyed it and a big "Thank You" to Norman, Lynne and Steven for delivering a well organised event!
Kind Regards,
Mark
-
Thoroughly enjoyable evening. Many thanks to all who made it run so seamlessly.
-
Well done to everyone who played a part in last night, a very enjoyable evening.