My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: mal jones on March 11, 2017, 12:31:57 PM
-
I'll be in Brackla at 9 for a ride round the vale stopping off on route to watch the Betty Pharosh race
-
Betty would have liked Pharoash Mal
-
I've got to ride to Cardiff to get my car in the morning but then will be stopping off to watch the Betty Pharoah on the way back so will try and find you. Will probably watch them coming up the slip road out of Cowbridge then ride up the final climb to watch the finish from the bridge. Hopefully see you there Mal
-
After my monster ride yesterday (138 miles) i wont be out today and I have the karate finals to go to in Myrthyr.....hope to be at chain gang Tuesday if anyone else is about.
-
Out today as the 'Oggie leftovers' were: Ron, Ben, Steve H, Mike B, Mal J (sounds like the Spice Girls now), Carl and moi.
Carl was chomping at the bit, Mike (no-straps) was looking strong on flat pedals while Steve (Toe-straps) was trying to have an easy ride. Stopped off to watch Betty Pharaoh RR and we were impressed as much by the classy field as the sun obliging our stop with a short appearance - shame Paul N didn't get a ride as OVW would benefit from some presence in local races....pics attached. Tea stop at Meadow Vale Garden Centre was the biggest challenge of the day:- if the loose stone track didn't get you, then either the wait for drinks or the long walk to the loo would! To be fair the staff were very nice but it'll have to be an 'average' on CycleTripAdvisor ;)
-
Paul did get a ride Steve I saw his name in the list of finishers very impressive time too.i was hoping for an amble today but with you and carl that wasn't going to happen good ride and good company too
-
I was around Cowbridge to watch but unfortunately didn't bump into you all. The A race had some decent riders in the field, Kristian House, Jon Mould, Max Stedman, James 'Tank' Lewis...in all honesty I'm just trying to post something that may make the Majorca posse jeleous. Fat chance!!!
-
Nick - absolutely no chance ;D