My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on February 06, 2017, 10:18:27 AM

Title: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: Tom on February 06, 2017, 10:18:27 AM
Forecast not too bad for tomorrow(no doubt much to Chris Matthews disappointment riding in the dry is for cissies). I plan to be at the B&Q roundabout at 9.45.I believe Mr M plans to be there-is anyone else out?
I expect to be out later in the week as well.
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: Mark Pope on February 06, 2017, 11:30:44 AM
I'll be there Tom. See you at 0945.

Mark
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: mal jones on February 06, 2017, 02:46:56 PM
 I hope to be there Tom
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: Tom on February 07, 2017, 03:06:22 PM
6 of us out this morning but not all at the same time!Mark(bronzed from the ski slopes),Mal and me(pale and interesting)and Chris M(like a piece of old teak) were joined by Mike making his mid-week debut.Normal route to the café where Chris pressed on to go to work but we were joined by Harpo who'd spurned the conventional ride to that point in  search of something more manly.
We all commented on what a nice morning it was how Spring is on the way etc and of course soon after the clouds rolled in and we got soaked-still a good ride though.
Plan is to be out again on Friday-will post here later in week.
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: mal jones on February 07, 2017, 03:26:02 PM
I'm older and wiser than you lot and I know a rain cloud when I see one so decided to skip the coast but still got wet going through town - but not as wet as you
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: Tom on February 09, 2017, 07:04:03 PM
Carrie and I are meeting at 9.30(note slightly earlier time!)at B&Q(usual place)tomorrow morning.Planned route is Coychurch Pencoed Llanharen Llanhari Cowbridge Llantwit Coast.Post here if you're out.
Mike I know you can't post-if you are out text me-07747 868239
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: Tom on February 09, 2017, 07:04:57 PM
Mal-it doesn't take a great deal to be wiser than me-it's no great accolade!
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: mal jones on February 09, 2017, 07:36:39 PM
I might well see you in cafe velo about 11 is that your plan??
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: Tom on February 09, 2017, 07:51:41 PM
Haven't decided café stop Mal but I would think so(it's Carrie's route not mine!)
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: Carrie Williams on February 09, 2017, 08:52:30 PM
Cafe Velo Mal!
Title: Re: Mid-week rides wk 6/2-10/2
Post by: mal jones on February 09, 2017, 08:59:43 PM
Thanks  Carrie see you there