My Community

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Tom on January 11, 2017, 02:02:34 PM

Title: Our greatest cyclist
Post by: Tom on January 11, 2017, 02:02:34 PM
Maxine Peak's tribute to our greatest ever cyclist was repeated the other day and is on the I-player for the next few weekshttp://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01p0fpl?ns_mchannel=email&ns_source=inxmail_newsletter&ns_campaign=bbcradiodrama_radio__&ns_linkname=na&ns_fee=0
Title: Re: Our greatest cyclist
Post by: Tom on January 11, 2017, 03:54:59 PM
Having just listened to the play again I feel I was a little precipitate in describing her as our greatest ever cyclist and would like to amend that to our greatest ever sportsperson
Title: Re: Our greatest cyclist
Post by: Teresa on January 11, 2017, 06:22:15 PM
Thanks for that, Tom

Really enjoyed listening.  She certainly was an amazing lady.  Unbelievable that her 12 hour record still stands today from 1967.
Title: Re: Our greatest cyclist
Post by: Steven on January 11, 2017, 11:59:35 PM
I listened too last week. An amazing story. I was lucky enough to race against her in a 25 in her later years. She was still full of encouragement for me as I passed her. Truly humbling.
Title: Re: Our greatest cyclist
Post by: Steven on January 15, 2017, 09:25:50 PM
Hey Tom,

I've put a link to a documentary about Beryl Burton on my Facebook page..
Title: Re: Our greatest cyclist
Post by: Tom on January 15, 2017, 10:02:02 PM
Thanks Steve-I'll check that out!