My Community

General Category => For sale and wanted => Topic started by: peter phillips on January 01, 2014, 07:46:53 PM

Title: Bike Bag sale
Post by: peter phillips on January 01, 2014, 07:46:53 PM
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/scicon-aero-comfort-20-tsa-bike-bag/
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: Rob Jones on January 01, 2014, 08:24:03 PM
You recommending pete? Still a hell of a lot of money, for a bag...
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: peter phillips on January 02, 2014, 08:39:58 AM
Most of the top teams use these bags.....you don't have to take the bike apart so it makes it a lot easier ........
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: Rob Jones on January 05, 2014, 08:00:21 PM
I like the idea of not having to take bike apart. Some of the reviews say quality of materials is poor however. That putsme off, it should be the dogs bollocks for that price.
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: Andy H on January 05, 2014, 09:06:20 PM

http://www.merlincycles.com/eva-bike-box-45200.html

Have to take bike apart but hard case so should be well protected.

I have their own brand bike bag, which has served me well so far and is only £49 or £65 with wheels.

http://www.merlincycles.com/merlin-padded-bike-bag-44875.html

Happy to bring it to chain gang or club run if you want to take a look
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: Tom on January 05, 2014, 10:29:09 PM
The box looks v similar to mine which has been fine so far as protecting the bike goes.The only caveat I'd make tho is that,with hindsight I'd have bought one with wheels at both ends rather than one end,meaning you have to lift one end to wheel it along
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: peter phillips on January 06, 2014, 10:15:18 AM
It wouldn't take much to fit extra wheels
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: Tom on January 06, 2014, 10:29:05 AM
I'll have a word with you about that Pete?I'm quite sure it would be beyond my abilities!!
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: Rob Jones on January 06, 2014, 12:40:32 PM
Trucks + wheels + glue

But unless they are recessed they will get knocked off first flight!
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: Davey C on January 06, 2014, 04:41:35 PM
Trucks + wheels + glue

But unless they are recessed they will get knocked off first flight!

Bet you could bolt some on.

Anyway for all round ease, value etc you can't really beat a bag. Also handy to be able to fold up and store away at home or on holiday.
Title: Re: Bike Bag sale
Post by: Rob Jones on January 06, 2014, 07:18:00 PM
I see Tredz hire cases for £45  :-\