My Community

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: Mark B on January 02, 2017, 10:14:10 AM

Title: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark B on January 02, 2017, 10:14:10 AM
I'm sure there is a thread somewhere on the website where 2017 dates were discussed, but have not been able to find it. When are they this year? Many thanks.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on January 02, 2017, 11:39:48 AM
RR1 Feb 5th
RR2 Feb 19th
RR3 Mar 5th
I'm sure I posted but can't find it either!  :-[
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark B on January 03, 2017, 10:12:38 AM
Thanks Andy. I hope to make at least a couple this year.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on January 28, 2017, 10:09:59 AM
Dates for the Reliability rides are now confirmed as:-

RR1 Sunday February 5th
RR2 Sunday February 19th
RR3 Sunday March 5th

RR1 will now have three options. 
50 miles in 3 hours 30 mins (app. 14mph ave) Start 8:30
50 miles in 3 hours (app. 17mph ave) Start 9:00
50 miles in 2 hours 30 mins (20mph ave) Start 9:30
Sign on 15 minutes prior to start, remember no watches, Garmins or speedometers, unless taped over.
N.B. the route will be the original RR1 as recce'd last Sunday i.e. though 'Death Valley' to St Bride's rather than Post Office hill, Corntown

https://www.strava.com/segments/14027409

More information on the website:- ON YOUR BIKE->RELIABILITY RIDES

Rides are open to non-members so feel free to bring a friend along to ride.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on January 28, 2017, 12:28:32 PM
I will be timekeeping for the RR1 so will go for a social spin around the Vale, starting at 9:30. I will have to be at Hannah's cafe by 12:45, so it will be around 15-20 miles at a steady pace.
Any Amblers or other riders who don't want to try the Reliability ride are welcome to join me.

Leave Physiques, Brackla at 9:30
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on February 01, 2017, 09:43:14 PM
Just a reminder to be at Brackla 15 minutes before your preferred start time, ready to sign on.
 
8:15 sign on for 3 hour 30 min ride (8:30 start)
8:45 sign on for 3 hour ride (9:00 start)
9:15 sign on for 2 hour 30 min ride (9:30 start)
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: RichardB on February 03, 2017, 01:47:57 PM
I'm planning to go off at 9, what time are other "chasers" planning to go?
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Lee S on February 03, 2017, 03:02:54 PM
Weather permitting also at 9
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Ben on February 03, 2017, 07:02:41 PM
Andy I'll be there to ride with you.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Leo K on February 03, 2017, 08:11:53 PM
I plan to go at 9 also, I just hope I can keep someone in sight as I missed the Recce Ride  :-\
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Nick Langley on February 04, 2017, 01:47:46 PM
I'll be going off at 9 too, see you at 8:45
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: RoyH on February 04, 2017, 03:42:21 PM
I'll be going off at 8.30 if any Amblers fancy joining me.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark Pope on February 04, 2017, 03:53:53 PM
I'll be going off at 0900. See you there :).

Mark
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Nige on February 04, 2017, 04:26:58 PM
Im going for 09:30........any other B team?
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Tom on February 04, 2017, 07:54:18 PM
I'm planning to go at 9.30......for a gentle spin with Andy.
RR all a bit too intense for me nowadays
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Reece0 on February 04, 2017, 08:19:11 PM
I'm with you Nige. Probably dropped by John and co before we get out of brackla but it would be good if we can get a team to work like before otherwise Haydn will have finished the cake before we get there.

 :D
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Tony M on February 04, 2017, 09:07:14 PM
9.0 start for me. As long as no ice!
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: mal jones on February 04, 2017, 09:58:13 PM
Can't make it tomorrow unfortunately enjoyed the recce but will have to be RR2 now have a good one weather looks fine
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Nige on February 12, 2017, 02:28:22 PM
Anyone got the RR2 route?
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on February 12, 2017, 03:11:32 PM
It's on the website, under 'on your bike'
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on February 12, 2017, 09:50:12 PM
Here's the link to garmin course, sorry for brief response earlier been in British Cycling 'classroom' for 8 hours today!

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/course/5527980

Please note it goes over Llangeinor after descending the Bwlch, this cheeky little climb has often been missed on the way home.

ps I'm away ski-ing so Teresa has kindly offered to do the time keeping. Hope the weather is OK!
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Nige on February 16, 2017, 05:44:09 PM
The link does not open, says error while opening course..
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on February 16, 2017, 05:57:29 PM
Just tried it and had same problem, strange as it was definitely working last week!
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Teresa on February 16, 2017, 06:00:46 PM
Tried it  too - and failed  :(

Just want to confirm I will be timing - If it is as cold as last year, I will also bring warms things to Ewenny for you mad people  ;)



Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Nige on February 16, 2017, 06:11:35 PM
It works if you log in to connect.....
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: RoyH on February 17, 2017, 06:19:20 PM
Any Amblers fancy a go at RR2 ? I'll be starting at 8.30 and could do with some company.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: RichardB on February 17, 2017, 07:10:31 PM
What are the options and start times for Sunday?
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on February 17, 2017, 09:26:22 PM
Home page
On your bike
Reliability rides
8:30 for 3 hours 30
9:00 for 3 hours
Sign on 15 minutes before start time
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: RichardB on February 17, 2017, 11:34:21 PM
Thank you
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Ben on February 18, 2017, 08:41:39 AM
Anyone not wanting to do the reliability ride I'll be out and about. I'll be at Physiques around 9ish. Looking to do about 40ish miles.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Dave W on February 18, 2017, 03:22:22 PM
Here the wind directions for tomorrow
https://mywindsock.com/segment/14182681/#forecast=1487498400 :o
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Nige on February 18, 2017, 03:24:47 PM
Anyone going for the 3 hours?
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: RichardB on February 18, 2017, 05:08:28 PM
I was thinking about going out at 9, what are other Chasers doing?
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark Pope on February 18, 2017, 05:31:19 PM
9am for me too.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Richard L on February 18, 2017, 05:33:51 PM
I'm another for the 9am start
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark B on February 18, 2017, 08:12:35 PM
I'm out for the 9am start, together with a friend. See you all tomorrow.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Tony M on February 18, 2017, 09:31:15 PM
9 for me too
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: wardhaugh on February 19, 2017, 02:10:57 PM
Big thank you to Teresa for organising today. Fantastic to have a reserved seating section at the finish, and the towels and blankets were a great idea. Can't get over the portion sizes of the cakes  :o
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on February 27, 2017, 12:14:18 PM
In the spirit of adventure, happy to add a 3 hour option to RR3 Sunday March 5th

Start times are:-

8:30 62 miles in 4 hours (15.5mph)
9:00 62 miles in 3.5 hours (17.7mph)
9:30 62 miles in 3 hours (20.6)

Sign on is at least 15 minutes before start time.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: MikeHill on February 27, 2017, 10:18:42 PM
9:30 it is then I guess ? A lighter breakfast this time though.

Cheers Andy 👍🏼
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy S on March 03, 2017, 01:41:42 PM
Does 17.7mph mean 17.7mph !!??  ::)

I have (yet again) forgotten to pick up my new club kit and now won't be able to because I am working late tonight and then away Wednesday to Saturday prior to Mallorca,can anyone help me out? If anyone can then I could come around to collect it from them over the weekend,or have it at RR3 perhaps.
Thankyou
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Dave W on March 03, 2017, 01:55:04 PM
who's going for the fast time of 3 hours? going to be tough going if the weather forecast stays the same with heavy rain
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: RichardB on March 03, 2017, 02:13:54 PM
Does 17.7mph mean 17.7mph !!??  ::)

I have (yet again) forgotten to pick up my new club kit and now won't be able to because I am working late tonight and then away Wednesday to Saturday prior to Mallorca,can anyone help me out? If anyone can then I could come around to collect it from them over the weekend,or have it at RR3 perhaps.
Thankyou

I'm not going to be able to get to the club the next 2 weeks either.
If anyone is able to help Andy out the Pactimo kit is in the locked cupboard with all the other kit. It is in a grey bag with the individual items marked up by name so it is easy to pick out Andy's kit. If you cannot see the grey bag on the bottom shelf then it is the big box on that same shelf which is where I think I left it last week.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark B on March 03, 2017, 03:13:55 PM
who's going for the fast time of 3 hours? going to be tough going if the weather forecast stays the same with heavy rain

Dave, I was thinking that it was a beyond me, so was waiting to see the size of the peloton before committing. Don't fancy being spat out the back in the first 10 miles then having a lonely 50 mile slog!
What do others think?
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Nige on March 03, 2017, 07:37:54 PM
Too quick for me so its 3:30 for me. Andy I can collect your kit as I'm going tonight.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Greg B on March 03, 2017, 07:52:18 PM
Im doing 9.30 as im still not 100% 😄
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark B on March 04, 2017, 12:15:02 PM
Forecast is for heavy rain & 20mph westerly. At the moment Greg & Mike have indicated that they are going for the 3hr/9.30 start, Nige & myself for the 3.5hr/9am start. Keeping in mind the weather, probably good to have a group working together, so would it be better to have a consensus from the Pacers to set off at the same time? Even if the group breaks up, it would make it easier for sub-groups to form and work together. Perhaps people could post their views/intentions/preferences r.e. start time/pace if they haven't already done so.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Greg B on March 04, 2017, 12:45:26 PM
Sorry Mark i meant 9am start for me
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark B on March 04, 2017, 01:17:32 PM
Sorry Mark i meant 9am start for me

Thanks for the clarification Greg.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark Pope on March 04, 2017, 01:22:35 PM
I'm still suffering from the lingering effects of a chest infection, so I'll have to miss tomorrow's Reliability Ride :(. I want to be fully fit for the OVW Tour of Majorca stage race (aka holiday)!.  ;D
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Reece0 on March 04, 2017, 02:56:01 PM
9:00 for me. 
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Tony M on March 04, 2017, 03:35:42 PM
Considerate rides use mud guards in bad weather  ;) Sorry to hear that you are under the weather Mark!
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Dave W on March 04, 2017, 03:42:40 PM
Makes sense to all set off at 9am then smash it  :o
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: MikeHill on March 04, 2017, 04:18:38 PM
9am for me too then. It's not gonna be pretty though.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Dave W on March 04, 2017, 05:01:32 PM
I'm going at 9.30 anyone else joining me? :o
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark B on March 04, 2017, 05:39:36 PM
Ok, looks like there is not quite a consensus, with Dave throwing the gauntlet down going for the 9.30 start. Others seem to favour the 9.00 start (mind you, I sense that Mike is chomping at the bit 😊). Unless there is a shift of views towards a 9.30 start from others, I will aim to go with what looks like the bigger group for 9.00. Good luck Dave. See you all in the morning.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Dave W on March 04, 2017, 06:48:47 PM
haha still on for 9.30am  just need to go faster to come in on 3hrs  :o :o

heres the weather report for tomorrow https://mywindsock.com/segment/14282455/#forecast=1488704400

though it was anything to go by on the last ride it was very wrong.

Come on mark all that chain gang work, makes sense to go off at 9.30am
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Nick Langley on March 04, 2017, 06:55:40 PM
I'll be going off at 9am for the 3.5hour option. Anyone fancy that?
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Mark B on March 04, 2017, 06:58:38 PM
Dave, maybe in good conditions, I would have given it a go, but forecast has deteriorated further with heavy rain most of the morning and 40+mph gusts. I'll stick with 9am. See you at Costa and I'll allow you a smile when you've smashed it :-)
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on March 04, 2017, 08:07:31 PM
Wind mostly helpful!

I'll stick my hand out the car window and check for you all, in the morning.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: RichardB on March 04, 2017, 08:31:03 PM
I'll be going off at 9am for the 3.5hour option. Anyone fancy that?

I think most are out at 9 Nick, just depends how fast you plan on going? See you at 9.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Chris Reed on March 04, 2017, 09:12:27 PM
M9 for me
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Tony M on March 04, 2017, 09:20:00 PM
9 for me too ! Oh and wellies!  :o
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: MikeHill on March 04, 2017, 10:42:33 PM
I'm already regretting this but it's gonna be a 9:30 start for me too !! Valley commandos stick together see 😂
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy S on March 04, 2017, 11:48:17 PM
9am for me too,but my RR1 experience tells me to expect a bunch of supercharged chasers smashing it up,so it could be another part-solo ride for me!!
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Greg B on March 05, 2017, 11:25:45 AM
Sorry, hate to do it but i had to bail in Ogmore coughing too much. Ewenny cafe cake and coffee was good though! I should have listened to Uncle Harpo.
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on March 05, 2017, 02:40:01 PM
Well done to all who rode today, great effort in very tough conditions.

Qualifiers today were:-
Reece Adams
Nigel Williams
Mark Bryant
Chris Reed
Tony Mansell
Paul Nicholas
Karl Walton

6 riders were DQ, for finishing outside the time limit or 'cutting short'
3 riders DNF but safely made it home
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Dave W on March 05, 2017, 03:00:35 PM
Good rides by everyone in those conditions

What are everyone's times andy?

Thanks for the time keeping andy
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Andy H on March 05, 2017, 04:15:30 PM
Richard Lewis    4:16:31
Nigel Williams    3:20:23  Q
Karl Walton        3:25:07  Q
Reece Adams     3:20:23  Q
Mike Barker        route variation
Mark Bryant       3:16:15  Q
Richard Bowmer 3:46:41
Greg Brett          DNF
Nick Langley       DNF
Chris Reed        3:31:25  Q
Tony Mansell     3:31:25  Q
James Criddle   3:46:21
Andy Samuel     DNF
Dave Walters   3:16:17
Haydn Lewis     route variation
Paul Nicholas   2:58:49  Q
Mike Hill           3:16:21

Some great efforts today including solo effort by Paul in qualifying but equal from Richard who was the lone starter at 8:30 and only just missed out on 'qualifying'.
Thanks to Haydn for the entertainment in Costa's after the finish, I've never seen someone quite so debilitated by cramp before. Unfortunately the rest of us weren't much help as being doubled up in laughter was order of the day!

Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: RichardB on March 05, 2017, 05:20:39 PM
Thanks Andy. Better weather in Majorca next week hopefully!
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: MikeHill on March 05, 2017, 09:04:58 PM
Many thanks for the time keeping Andy, much appreciated !

Harpo and Dave - good team effort in trying to catch Paul who managed to drop us in Pencoed !

Harpo - thanks for waiting for me (again)  ;)

Hope you all enjoy yourself next week - be sure to post some pictures please?
Title: Re: Reliability Rides 2017
Post by: Nick Langley on March 05, 2017, 10:10:43 PM
If anyone is not Majorca bound next week I'm intending on having a spin out and around Cowbridge and watching the Betty Pharoah race. I'll post something in the club runs later on this week. Thanks for the timekeeping Andy