My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on December 12, 2016, 01:45:49 PM

Title: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Andy H on December 12, 2016, 01:45:49 PM
If enough support, plan a long hilly one for Sunday
After the 3 wise men failed to make it to Bethlehem last year, (Steven, Greg and me,bad weather), plan to revisit this year. Gold, frankincense and myrrh optional.
Its a long day, 95 miles and 2 big climbs so 6 hours plus. Forecast at the moment is warm and cloudy so happy to make it an earlier start. (8 or 8:30)
If you fancy it, post here and I'll also be at club Friday night to discuss. I'd say it will take at least 5 of you to drag me around  :-[

https://www.strava.com/routes/7177291

When I say warm, I mean no frost forecast!  ;D
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Reece0 on December 12, 2016, 02:13:14 PM
Unfortunately I'm away this weekend otherwise I'd  be up for this. Have a good ride  :)
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: harpo on December 12, 2016, 05:15:26 PM
I can do Saturday, out sat night so cant do sunday
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Greg B on December 12, 2016, 06:10:18 PM
I'm picking up my son from Portsmouth Saturday so cant make it sorry, then works drink in the evening, so another weekend off. Mind you after the hangover from hell yesterday i'm thinking of drinking Becks Blue from now on! I think i may get some stick from the roofers if im sober though! Have a good trip, its a nice ride
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Andy H on December 12, 2016, 09:58:17 PM
3 regular 'first teamers!' not available, maybe look for a less taxing route.

Will post an alternative later in week
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: harpo on December 12, 2016, 10:36:55 PM
when do you want to do it Saturday or sunday?
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Andy H on December 12, 2016, 10:41:30 PM
I can only get out on Sundays, work most Saturday mornings
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: harpo on December 12, 2016, 10:49:00 PM
you've put Saturday on your post
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Nige on December 13, 2016, 07:26:15 AM
Head cold getting better so I hope to be out this weekend.
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: RichardB on December 13, 2016, 08:20:29 AM
I may be up for this on Sunday.
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Andy H on December 13, 2016, 12:09:29 PM
My apologies, in my defence I have 'headlined' it Sunday!

Now amended
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: xrayspecs on December 14, 2016, 12:41:45 PM
I thought my luck was finally in for one of these epic rides as I am out Saturday. Maybe next time.
 :(
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Andrew S on December 14, 2016, 08:31:00 PM
Maybe you can make all your rides a bit more epic like these chaps  https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLUdAMlZtaV11U9AtszkMh0bpRqM4dtlDC&v=Cp53RZcK8Es
Epic  ;)
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Teresa on December 14, 2016, 09:30:11 PM
I love the videos these guys make  :)
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Andy H on December 16, 2016, 10:31:56 PM
Difficult to commit to the longer ride, so what are people's thoughts on meeting at same time as Chasers i.e. 9:00, making a decision on the day! Spoke to Nigel and Greg at club tonight and they thought this would be OK
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: xrayspecs on December 17, 2016, 03:43:17 PM
What time are you meeting tomorrow?
I would recommend the hills; no frost or low cloud today.
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: Andy H on December 17, 2016, 04:59:15 PM
Plan is to meet Greg, Nigel and hopefully Richard at 9:00, as no frost and will give us time to get back before dark if we decide on the long ride!!
Plenty of hills on that route!
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December
Post by: RichardB on December 17, 2016, 07:30:25 PM
If a longer ride is still on the cards I'll be there at 9. See you in the morning.
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Steve Chapman on December 17, 2016, 08:51:34 PM
Does this mean the ride to Bethlehem is on  :-\
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Greg B on December 17, 2016, 08:56:12 PM
Depends on the amount of beer i get through tonight!😄
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: RichardB on December 17, 2016, 08:56:37 PM
Does this mean the ride to Bethlehem is on  :-\

Looking promising Steve
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Andy H on December 17, 2016, 08:59:02 PM
Go easy on the beer Greg!
Yes, we'll go to Bethlehem.
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Dave W on December 17, 2016, 09:01:32 PM
I'm not out, but I'm enjoying all the confusion of the start time.
I get why there is a set start and also get when a certain ride dictates an earlier time for the longer routes.
If someone is keen to join the club the information is all there on the website and the forum.

To throw another spanner into the works how do you all feel about once a month doing a longer (with hills or without) ride? Distance 80+ miles could even do a different start point
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Andy H on December 17, 2016, 09:52:17 PM
On a lighter note, anybody know a good cafe stop apart from Eira's in Briton Ferry?
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Andy H on December 18, 2016, 04:25:39 PM
Our today were;-
Greg
Mark
Steve C
Nigel
Rich B
And me
Awesome ride today, possibly not quite an epic but fantastic winter miles. Sorry I was off the pace and thanks for your patience and considerate pacing back from Neath. Well done Rich no prob keeping with the pace for most of today
Turns out the Black mountain was the easiest climb of the day! 😳
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Greg B on December 18, 2016, 04:59:12 PM
Its official, strava says it was an EPIC ride! Cheers guys i enjoyed (apart from Bettws mountain!)
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: RichardB on December 18, 2016, 06:12:50 PM
Thanks for the great route today Andy. Enjoyed going over the Black Mountain and down to Bethlehem. But will definitely take a detour around Bettws Mountain next time!! Horrible climb. And thanks to Mark Greg and Nigel for the turns on the front after the coffee stop.
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Nige on December 18, 2016, 06:27:28 PM
Good ride today thanks all.
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: harpo on December 18, 2016, 06:38:37 PM
Nige on the front? wish I was there to witness that :)
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Andy H on December 18, 2016, 07:00:29 PM
Wind your beck in Harpo, I think he took your hinting last time out!   ;D
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: harpo on December 18, 2016, 07:25:33 PM
 :'( im bored
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Nige on December 18, 2016, 09:08:57 PM
Sorry you missed it, I was on front a few times getting better slowly. ( I did mention pity you were not there to see lol)
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Tom on December 18, 2016, 09:30:58 PM
broken collar bone I hear Harpo? You can say you're a proper cyclist now-bad luck though
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: harpo on December 18, 2016, 09:44:27 PM
acromioclaivicular joint separation  tom, still long healing process thou
Title: Re: Pacer Sunday 18th December 9:00am start
Post by: Tom on December 18, 2016, 10:24:41 PM
ah-I think that's what my brother had after riding into a horse in the dark(the horse had no lights on)nasty