My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: ron b on November 18, 2016, 04:40:27 PM

Title: Amblers Ride 20th Nov
Post by: ron b on November 18, 2016, 04:40:27 PM
You can now put away the factor 30, winters on the way, this weeks ride will be an "Amble" to some café. We aim to accommodate riders of all abilities and we guarantee to bring them back, even Tom. Who's out Sunday?
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 20th Nov
Post by: Ben on November 19, 2016, 02:21:59 PM
I am. 😊
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 20th Nov
Post by: ron b on November 20, 2016, 04:38:02 PM
Seven riders out today, Tom, Roy, Nick, Carrie H, Ben, Mike a newbe and Me. Laleston, Kenfig Hill, Port Talbot, over the Bryn to a coffee stop at Parc Slip. Nice weather, maybe a little cold. An ex 25er Claire was making the coffee at PS, so Roy and I did a little catching up with her. Claire always turned up for a ride a few years ago, still has a couple of bikes so maybe she will make a return. There was the remains of last nights snow on the Bryn and the Amazon river has been redirected and is now flowing down the hillside and past Parc Slip entrance, that did not make the Western Mail?
Title: Re: Amblers Ride 20th Nov
Post by: Tom on November 20, 2016, 05:08:10 PM
yes thanks for letting me make a guest appearance with you today Ron.Next time I will try and adhere to the Amblers sartorial riposte to the men in black and get a luminous yellow jacket so I fit in.
Considering the amount of snow on Bryn-Maesteg road I'm glad we gave the Bwllch a miss.