My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on October 27, 2016, 01:46:57 PM

Title: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Andy H on October 27, 2016, 01:46:57 PM
DON'T FORGET THE CLOCKS CHANGE!!!

Tandem friendly route again, this week (more so than last week) down to Swansea marina.
Outward journey via Porthcawl, Neath, Skewen and Bonymaen and return via Fabian Way

See you Sunday at 9:00, which would really be 10:00!
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Greg B on October 27, 2016, 03:24:56 PM
Wont be there this Sunday sorry, doing the Charity 100 mile ride for Team Evsy
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: RichardB on October 28, 2016, 12:53:09 PM
Mark Pope- one for the Amblers too?
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Andy H on October 29, 2016, 10:12:09 AM
Route for Sunday

https://www.strava.com/routes/6904691

Out via Porthcawl, Harbour Way, Skewen and return via Fabian Way

Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Mark Pope on October 29, 2016, 01:17:34 PM
Hi Andy,

If you don't mind I propose that the Chasers (AKA the Amblers) join you tomorrow. I'm not completely sure of the route through Skewen but hopefully we can keep you in sight on the way to the Marina.

Mark
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: RichardB on October 29, 2016, 01:41:51 PM
Hi Andy,

If you don't mind I propose that the Chasers (AKA the Amblers) join you tomorrow. I'm not completely sure of the route through Skewen but hopefully we can keep you in sight on the way to the Marina.

Mark
[/quote

I can get us from Neath through Skewen over junction 44 to Llansamlet. I don't know my way over Bonymaen but I can get from Llansamlet back down to the Marina.
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Jason T on October 29, 2016, 01:50:27 PM
As this is a tandem friendly route I would have thought most should be Ok with the pace tomorrow.
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Andy H on October 29, 2016, 06:38:39 PM
Happy to sit on the front with you, Mark and we'll set a suitable pace to allow us to ge to marina together. Then anybody feeling frisky can set the pace on the homeward leg, it's normally a bit of a thrash along Fabian way but we can spilt into appropriate groups after that
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: harpo on October 29, 2016, 06:44:36 PM
yeah should work well! unfortunately I wont be there doing charity ride as well! make sure you keep Jason under the leash! he caused carnage on the afanway segment the last time we rode it!!
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Jason T on October 29, 2016, 06:47:45 PM
Shhhh.

Have a good one tomorrow Harpo.
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Mark Pope on October 30, 2016, 05:31:50 PM
Thanks Andy, that was an enjoyable mixed ride today with the 'Chasers' hanging on to the coat tails of the Pacers down to Swansea Marina and back. The legs are feeling it now after the slightly brisk pace. I won't write up a Chaser's report but if it helps I counted 17 of us out today, as follows:

Steven
Steve C
Andy H
Keith
Neil B
Terry
Lea
Nick (the Power) Langley
Steve Landeg
Rich B
Richard
Jason
Roy Richards
Craig
Paul Nicholas
Mark P
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Mark Pope on October 30, 2016, 05:33:55 PM
Oops, forgot Reece! :o Sorry matey.
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Reece0 on October 30, 2016, 05:54:15 PM
No probs. Must have been the black camouflage 😀
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Nick Langley on October 30, 2016, 06:10:28 PM
Is that similar to Phil (The Power) Taylor...I.e. Some fat bloke that loves boozing!? ...sounds pretty spot on 😀
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Andy H on October 30, 2016, 07:33:04 PM
Good riding today, thought groups managed to stay together pretty well and regrouped when necessary.
As usual tandem strugggled a bit in the hills once the pace started picking up on the way home. We were happy to 'mop up' the stragglers at the rear!
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Steven on October 30, 2016, 09:06:04 PM
Reece deserves another mention, he was strong today!
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Nick Langley on October 30, 2016, 10:07:57 PM
I'll second that Steven, looks like a seasoned pacer...as was Paul Nicholas after months of Strava inactivity
Title: Re: Pacers run Sunday 30th October
Post by: Roy Richards on October 31, 2016, 08:36:11 AM
My thanks to the other members of yesterday's grupetto (Steve L, Andy & Keith) for their back wheels.

Roy2.