My Community

General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: xrayspecs on October 25, 2016, 09:03:36 AM

Title: Winter chain gang 4
Post by: xrayspecs on October 25, 2016, 09:03:36 AM
7 PM tonight ; the boards have been removed so there is a clear route down the home straight, right at the roundabout; and back.
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 4
Post by: Andy H on October 25, 2016, 09:55:11 AM
I'll be along to help out with a novices/25ers group if anybody wants to join in.

As I've said before we won't worry too much about the pace, these early sessions are about practice

and technique, ( but we are getting faster as promised, so don't miss out )
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 4
Post by: Steven on October 25, 2016, 10:27:46 AM
... except they switched the street lights off on the return leg last week and I hit two potholes.  I propose the usual route, we managed it fine last week..


PS will be on the way back from London, will join late!
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 4
Post by: Greg B on October 25, 2016, 12:44:47 PM
There are traffic lights back on North Road again
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 4
Post by: RichardB on October 25, 2016, 02:32:28 PM
I'll be along to help out with a novices/25ers group if anybody wants to join in.

As I've said before we won't worry too much about the pace, these early sessions are about practice

and technique, ( but we are getting faster as promised, so don't miss out )

I'll join in with you this week if that is ok Andy. Not sure what shape I'll be in after a week in Cyprus all inclusive.
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 4
Post by: Andy H on October 25, 2016, 09:27:29 PM
With traffic lights on the back straight decided to split into small groups. 4:5:4 seemed to work well, with the 'C' group of novices supported by Richard and myself improving again. Within 3 weeks they've gone from struggling to get 8 laps in, to being close to getting under an hour. I'm sure we'll manage that with a little more help. Anymore novice/25ers out there wanting a good hours training?
Well done to both Nick and Carrie, and thanks to Richard B
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 4
Post by: Terry A on October 25, 2016, 09:31:37 PM
So, for the 'medium' goup .... no real issues on the circuit - metal plates gone and the traffic lights on North Road were ignored if nothing coming. The quintet of Nick, Will, Lea, James & myself worked fine and the 8 laps were quite consistent and smack on the informal / unmeasured / undeclared target.
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 4
Post by: RichardB on October 25, 2016, 10:09:21 PM
Enjoyed that tonight - well done all.
Title: Re: Winter chain gang 4
Post by: Carrie H on October 25, 2016, 11:13:27 PM
C group, many thanks to Andy & Richard for the encouragement , occasional push and advice re corners. Enjoyed the session, lovely and dry without wind. I really couldn't have gone any faster tonight , but under an hour actually seems achievable !!!! Tired now.!