My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Mark Pope on October 15, 2016, 06:46:49 PM
-
A slightly damp forecast for tomorrow so I propose we stay reasonably low. The route is:
Brackla - Coychurch - Pencoed - Ruthin - Pentre Meyrick - Llysworney - Llandow - Llantwit Major - the Lanes via Marcross - St Brides - Southerndown - Ogmore - Ewenny - the Dipping Bridge - A48 - Porthcawl - Kenfig Pool - Water Street - A48 Margam - Hafodheulog - Fford -y- Gyfraith - Tondu - Brynmenyn - Bryncethin - Coity - Brackla
It's 54 miles with a coffee stop planned for the Broomwagon in Porthcawl after around 32 miles. See you tomorrow.
Mark
-
I will be out tomorrow
-
"Slightly Damp?" optimistic as always. This is where the real riders attend.
-
As you will know Ron I'm not a real rider and the weather forecast coupled with aches and pains mean I probably won't be there tomorrow!
-
Was in the lanes after llantwitt today just after cafe Velo...signs saying road resurfacing Sunday bottom of bowling green lane.
-
Today's weather turned out to be surprisingly sunny and mild, with a fresh breeze that seemed to want to follow us all the way around the route. Initially 9 Amblers left Brackla but with various comings and goings we ended up having 11 riders join the group, with one more (Terry) trying to catch up with us in the lanes around Llantwit Major but being caught out by our change of route, caused by the road works and detour around Llantwit. Today's ride took in Coychurch, Pencoed, Pentre Meyrick and the TT course from Llantwit to St Brides before heading around the Coast and on to Porthcawl for coffee and cake, before heading home via Margam, Tondu and up and over Coity Common. All in we did 54 miles and around 800 metres of climbing, all at a steady (ish) Ambler's pace. Out today were:
Nick L
Colin (Nick's Dad)
Mal
Mark R (initially until his back gave way)
Mark Bryant (chased us down and caught us in Porthcawl)
Lea
Lee S (late starter - caught us in Margam)
James
Richard
Jonathan
Mark P
See you next week
-
Both me and Col really enjoyed with a lot better weather than was forecast. Strong riding from everyone especailly James, Lea and Richard. Just really gutted that the coffee and walnut cake got snapped up before me and I had to settle for the toasted tea cake...you know who you are!! ;)
-
Very enjoyable ride at a pace I can just about maintain for 50 odd miles . Nick I needed that cake more than you !!