My Community

General Category => Coaching & Training => Topic started by: Andy H on October 02, 2016, 10:34:44 PM

Title: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Andy H on October 02, 2016, 10:34:44 PM
Winter chain gang sessions will start this Tuesday 4th October.
I'll be running a group for complete novices, 25ers, new members.
We'll concentrate on practicing techniques for riding in a 'paceline', without worrying about how fast we're going or how many laps we do. As we get the skills the speed and distance will improve.
I'll supplement this with some Saturday afternoon coaching/practice sessions if people are interested.
Please turn up at the the car park at the western end of Bridgend industrial estate for about 6:45.
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Nick H on October 03, 2016, 09:11:09 AM
Thanks Andy. Carrie and I should be there all being well.
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Andy H on October 04, 2016, 08:53:51 PM
Excellent first session with Nick and Carrie tonight. Managed six laps at a decent pace and they picked up the fundamentals of chaing gang very quickly.
Regular sessions will help improve your fitness and speed on the bike so come along and join us for an hour every Tuesday (weather permitting).
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Carrie H on October 04, 2016, 10:53:22 PM
Thanks very much Andy for your clear instructions and patience.
We really enjoyed the session & I certainly intend to improve my fitness & riding skills too :)
Hope to see you next week.
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Andy H on October 10, 2016, 10:07:14 PM
I'll be at chain gang tomorrow night to help with a novices group.

All 25ers, beginners or new to chain gang please come along and join in.
Meet at 6:45 in the car park at west end of Bridgend industrial estate. It's a good hour of training and helpful for group riding and increasing your speed and stamina.
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Carrie H on October 11, 2016, 11:39:13 AM
Hi Andy,
Nick & I hope to be there tonight.
 :)
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Andy H on October 18, 2016, 09:40:31 AM
I'll be at chain gang tonight, novices session, all welcome.

We'll concentrate on technique rather than speed but we will help you go faster!!
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Carrie H on October 18, 2016, 10:08:45 AM
Hi Andy,
Nick & I won't be able to make it tonight but hope to next week.
Thanks
Carrie
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Andy H on October 18, 2016, 11:00:13 AM
OK see you next week
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Teresa on October 18, 2016, 02:54:42 PM
Really sorry but I am dipping out this week.  Shame as it looks like it might be dry.

I have done my penance in the Gym to make up for it  ;)
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Lea Watkins on October 18, 2016, 05:45:55 PM
Andy. Ill be out.
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Nick H on November 01, 2016, 03:18:37 PM
Carrie (H) and I won't be there tonight Andy, apologies. Carrie has a sore back, and I have a few jobs to sort out at home.
Nick
Title: Re: Novice winter chain gangs
Post by: Andy H on November 01, 2016, 04:17:06 PM
No worries, see you at club dinner!
And hope Carrie's back gets better soon