My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on September 19, 2016, 09:46:38 AM
-
Weather looks ok so hopefully 9.45 at B&Q roundabout as usual. Amongst those threatening to make an appearance are Mark,Mal,Lee,Steve,Carrie,&Chris and Kelly M.Could be a record turn-out if a few more feel like a spin-post here if you plan to come out!
-
I hope to be there Tom
-
Big turn-out today! Mark,Mal Steve Chris and making her mid-week debut Kelly M. Lee was a bit late but knowing how fit he is we left anyway and sure enough he soon caught us up! Chris punctured but 3 of us went on,Kelly comfortably beating her Dad to the café,where we found Ron Nick and Carrie(H)-if they'd ridden with us we'd have set a new record(I think!)Weather kind,pace gentle and company excellent-what's not to like?
I'm away for the next 2(and possibly3)Tuesdays but I'm sure the regulars will be out!
-
Thank you all for making Kelly feel welcome , she had a great ride and enjoyed , as she gets fitter she will i'm sure be attending again . Great sensible pace to welcome a newbie . Oh and Tom if you hadn't instigated a breakaway group we may have caught you up before the cafe .
:P
-
Hi Tom, me & Nick hope to be out with you guys (& gals) for midweek rides soon, sounds fun.
We are gaining in confidence, stamina & speed each week.
:)
-
We'll look forward to it Carrie!
-
It's probably too short notice but Carrie(W)has to run an errand in Cardiff tomorrow and is riding in.As I had planned to go out tomorrow anyway I'm meeting her at 9.30 at the junction of the Cowbridge-Pontyclun road and the lane from Bridgend via Troes/Penllyn//City-just outside Aberthin and just before the right turn to Welsh St Donats(Watery Lane).We will probably go in via Peterstone/St Fagans and back via the Barrage/Dinas Powis/lanes on South side of A48.
If anyone wants to join us post here!
-
Another sunny Thursday spent on the bike. Chris M joined me and Carrie who it transpired didn't need to go into Cardiff so we did a large loop of the Vale calling in at Dyfryn Gardens for coffee in the sun(a first visit for Chris!). I generously gave Chris 2 opportunities to hone his tyre changing skills(2 front wheel punctures this week just for variety). You'll have to look at Carrie's Strava if you want to know how far we went but it was a very pleasant ride with a few hills here and there and,of course good company.
I'm away the next couple of weeks-normal service will resume week of 10th Oct!
-
I'll be out tomorrow and will pass by B&Q at 9.45 to see if anyone else is out. Weather is looking ok and improving through the morning.
-
Great social ride today with Tom and Carrie with a good cafe stop , Carrie was in charge but Tom did insist on trying to change the route but fair play Carrie wasn't having any of it , many of the roads today I have never rode before, just goes to prove every club ride doesn't have to be a suffer fest . A great ride with good company . Oh and Tom I can give you lessons on tyre changing if you wish.