My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Tom on September 12, 2016, 01:20:50 PM
-
Weather permitting 9.45 at B&Q as usual tomorrow. Mal and Mark plan to be there plus a Royal Visit from 25ers Supremo Mr B. Hopefully a few others(Nick?)may join us.
I have one of my dental forays on Thursday(Monmouth)tentative plans afoot to make an excursion of it-to be finalised on Tuesday.
-
I'll skip his one Tom, thanks. This week's excuse is a niggling knee - intermittently problematic of late, usually settles after a day or two, but I'd rather avoid stressing it too much tomorrow. Hopefully in the next week or two (or maybe riding later in the week, perhaps with Carrie.)....
-
As the weather was so good this morning Mark,Steve and Chris M didn't even bother with a coat unlike Mal and myself-natural pessimists. Pessimism won out as it was the wettest ride for many a Tuesday but at least it wasn't cold. If it's any consolation to the coatless I had to go out again this afternoon and got soaked again!
Mark and I are doing a Tour de Gwent on Thursday-we're going to meet at Newport Train Station at 9.40 on Thursday and ramble up to Monmouth for my dental check-up at 12 then loop around somewhere or other and get back to Newport late afternoon in case that appeals to anyone else.If so let me know and I'll try and be a bit more specific!!
-
Everything you'd want from a day's cycling today.Lots of sun ,quiet roads,some stiff climbs a few punctures and ice-cream. Thanks to Mark and Mal for the company and for waiting for me to go the dentist then waiting again for me to eat cake(of course).
When I had the first puncture Mal and I thought we'd be lucky to catch the train we'd booked,when I punctured again a few miles later it seemed hopeless but Mal produced some magic jelly babies and a flat out 7 miles or so on a slowly deflating back tyre saw us on the train with approx. 30 seconds to spare!Perfect day in all respects.
-
Great day out Tom still can't believe we managed to catch the 5 o clock train !big thanks to you and mark for navigating me though some. Lovely rural areas