My Community

General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Jason T on September 12, 2016, 08:30:42 AM

Title: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Jason T on September 12, 2016, 08:30:42 AM
Harpo is up for this route if the weather is Ok this Sunday, does anyone else fancy it?

https://www.strava.com/routes/6473239

We can even stop in Merthyr on the way up so you can enjoy the custard tarts again.
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Nige on September 12, 2016, 08:51:08 AM
Yes should be ok for this, I have ordered new tyres GP 4000s had enough of the mavic puncture tyres.
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Jason T on September 12, 2016, 10:37:08 AM
You should see an improvement on the Contis.
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: harpo on September 12, 2016, 05:25:25 PM
New tyres and a few stints on the front Nidge !your coming on leaps and bounds! Good route if weather ok, will be hangover cure for me, will go for the piri piri chicken this time
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Greg B on September 12, 2016, 09:09:28 PM
Stag do in Saturday night for me so i doubt i'll be capable if peddling!
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Dave W on September 13, 2016, 05:08:07 PM
I'll be out. we going site seeing around the coal tips?  ::)
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Jason T on September 13, 2016, 05:47:18 PM
Down a mine this time...
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Jason T on September 18, 2016, 04:13:16 PM
Oh well, I hope everyone enjoyed that route today as it was on roads that we hardly ever travel to in the club.

Everyone kept a good pace throughout and Dylan did well, especially if that was his longest ride.

I managed to wash the bike and get to the shop before closing for a new tempur pillow due to my neck issues, that's my excuse for not hitting 100 miles like everyone else today  ;)
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: harpo on September 18, 2016, 06:21:39 PM
good route Jason, love the roads to talybont, good wrork from everyone on the way back
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Rob Jones on September 18, 2016, 07:13:11 PM
Lovely route that, specially on a day like today. Jason I have been considering one if these...is this one you have tried or considered? Somewhat cheaper than a Tempur pillow but still quite a lot for a pillow https://www.amazon.co.uk/Panda-Luxury-Memory-Bamboo-Pillow/dp/B017R9BUKU
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Nige on September 18, 2016, 07:43:23 PM
Great ride again today, fast pace at times good work out can feel in in my legs a bit now lol. Thanks guys.
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Jason T on September 18, 2016, 07:52:09 PM
Good riding today Nige, it was certainly at a good pace and Dylan did very well.

Rob ~ I had not seen that brand before and it looks like a pretty good deal, 132 five star ratings, 10 year warranty, good price and temperature regulating (you don't to wake up feeling like your face is melting on a hot water bottle).

I wouldn't usually bother with somewhere like Dreams and would go with an internet purchase but due to my issues I really wanted to ensure that it would give me the type of support I need.

I'm currently in denial that my bank account has just taken a hit of £85 for a pillow  :-\
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Steven on September 18, 2016, 08:02:26 PM
I've got a bamboo/ memory foam pillow and its lush.   Zzzzzzzzz...
Title: Re: Pacers Club Run ~ Sunday 18th September
Post by: Rob Jones on September 18, 2016, 08:56:33 PM
Jason if it's good it's worth every penny, just like a comfy saddle. In fact you'll spend a lot more time on the pillow so long as you remain employed! Steven, I'm not surprised you have the panda pillow as you must walk past the stand in St David's 2 several times a day. I think I might try one, can't beat a bit of Zzzz