My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Teresa on September 07, 2016, 01:38:50 AM

Title: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Teresa on September 07, 2016, 01:38:50 AM
Quite a few to cheer on -
Should be a good event with some very good times.  Looking out for 120 in the main field

https://sites.create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/PTW_25__Start_Cover_160911_W_Jun_Oflw.pdf

https://sites.create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/PTW_25__Start_List_160911_Men_rev.pdf

https://sites.create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/PTW_25__Start_List_160911_W_Jun_Oflw_rev.pdf
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Steven on September 07, 2016, 09:07:23 AM
Scott Davies too, should be quite a contest!
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Steven on September 10, 2016, 07:14:38 PM
Marcin has broken the '10' record today with a provisional 16:35!  Watch out for him tomorrow!
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Teresa on September 10, 2016, 07:51:31 PM
Astonishing time - I believe that is 36mph average :o

Look forward to seeing the results tomorrow.
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Teresa on September 11, 2016, 02:55:56 PM
Details still to be verified.........but............so far

Fastest man confirmed as Marcin.  Provisional time initially 44.09, then amended to 44.04.

New 25 record.  I believe the previous was 44.20
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Rob Jones on September 11, 2016, 03:03:21 PM
Is this the polish born guy that lives in Somerset?
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Teresa on September 11, 2016, 03:36:55 PM
He is indeed a Polish gent.  All 6ft 6" of him

Rides for ONE Pro Cycling
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Tom on September 11, 2016, 04:08:27 PM
Bit disappointing-I thought he'd manage a 43 after yesterday!
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Rob Jones on September 11, 2016, 04:35:18 PM
He's been around for a while then - I think he won the Betty Pharoah elite race with a solo win about 7 years ago...but until he smashed the 10 record the other day I never really heard of him as a time triallist! The pic I saw of the 10 is about the most aero looking position on a bike I've ever seen.
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Tom on September 11, 2016, 05:19:52 PM
Well he broke Welsh Competition record(25)a month or 2 ago Rob(Teresa will correct me if I'm wrong!)
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Teresa on September 11, 2016, 06:01:20 PM
Well you do like to test me, Tom

Not set in stone.......

Alex Dowset did a 44:29 on one of the London courses in May this year.  Marcin did a 45:29 in August.  Not faster than Alex, but 3 mins faster than second place in that event.
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Tom on September 11, 2016, 06:24:39 PM
Thanks Teresa-I thought he'd broken Welsh comp record in Resolven but you will be right!(not UK just little Wales)
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Teresa on September 11, 2016, 08:48:34 PM
Some club results - Well done peeps  :)

Mark Rosser 55.14
Terry Anthony 58.57
Steven M and Keith B (Tandem) 57.52
Stephen Landeg 1.00.28
Greg Brett 1.01.03

Will post full results when they are available
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Teresa on September 12, 2016, 08:37:08 AM
Pics from PTW facebook

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.10154299627186609&type=1
Title: Re: 11.09.16 Port Talbot Wheelers R25/3H
Post by: Teresa on September 18, 2016, 06:41:29 PM
Results - Something to aspire to  :o

Main
https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-results/12615#anchor

Overflow
https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-results/12617#anchor

Tandem
https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-results/12616#anchor