My Community

General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: NeilRhys on September 01, 2016, 07:29:57 PM

Title: Help for the World Championships!
Post by: NeilRhys on September 01, 2016, 07:29:57 PM
Hi guys,

I hope it's ok to ask on here, but I was wondering if someone at the club has a bike box they would be willing to let me use towards the end of the month?

The reason is, I have been lucky enough to be able to enter the the World Press Cycling Championships at the end of September.  The WPCC is in Crete this year, it's 4 days of racing including a sprint, TT, TTT and road race. I was really hoping to be able to ride my own bike rather than having to hire one out there, but with some costs being a bit higher than expected I'm struggling to buy or hire a bike box.

If anyone is able to help it would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thank you,

Neil

Title: Re: Help for the World Championships!
Post by: Andy H on September 01, 2016, 08:39:20 PM
Happy to lend you a bike bag. Its well padded and I've had no issues traveling with it on several flights, to Europe and long haul.
Title: Re: Help for the World Championships!
Post by: NeilRhys on September 01, 2016, 10:32:21 PM
That's really kind Andy, but I'm reluctant to send it in a bag.

Many Thanks,

Neil
Title: Re: Help for the World Championships!
Post by: Andy H on September 01, 2016, 10:40:25 PM
No problem, have you tried Tredz, Penarth rd? Sure they do a hire service, about £45 for a week
Title: Re: Help for the World Championships!
Post by: NeilRhys on September 02, 2016, 08:59:49 AM
I've looked at it, but I'm away for 2 weeks and it's with all the other costs it's getting a bit much :-( I think I've bitten off more than I can chew!!

Thanks again, really appreciated,

Neil
Title: Re: Help for the World Championships!
Post by: Teresa on September 02, 2016, 09:45:10 AM
OVW members get a discount with Tredz.  Not sure if it is just purchases.  Might be worth asking.
You may need to show OVW membership card to get the discount.
Title: Re: Help for the World Championships!
Post by: Tony M on September 02, 2016, 11:28:56 AM
I hire from Ride Bike Wales.
https://www.ride-bikes.com/