My Community
General Category => General Discussion => Topic started by: ron b on December 06, 2013, 11:12:33 AM
-
Lets start a new subject, as I am allergic to training in the dark I spend a lot of time in the garage on the Turbo.
Today's session 5 x 1minute
4 x 2
3 x 3
4 x 2
5 x 1 with one minute rests in between
all done in a suitable gear at 80 to 90 revs, HR level 5? Don't forget to drink.
-
Not my favourite but what I did last. To music.
1 x track zone 5; 1x track recovery for 10 intervals. Very hard to maintain intensity throughout. Especially when the penultimate track was some extended mix which never seemed to end.
-
Winter session - 1hr
80% of TT power. Every 15 mins, 2 mins out of the saddle on a high level, then 1 min high revs on zero resistance. Minute 50 to 55 - mini ramp followed by 5 min warm down...
Works for me!
Music - has to be Soul or Disco with the exception of 'Pump it up' by Elvis Costello good for the ramp! 'Jilted John' good for the warm down!
-
2 x 20 at 'sweetspot'. Maybe 3 x 20 if feeling frisky.
-
OMG 3 x 20 minutes, I'm dead after the second. Might give that a go.
-
Chaingang Tuesday, rest Wednesday, chaingang Thursday...make the most of the great outdoors while its still mild.
-
OMG 3 x 20 minutes, I'm dead after the second. Might give that a go.
It's all about that intensity! For me, most days now I'm doing 40-55minutes @the upper end of sweetspot, ~95% of FTP, which feels ok, hard all the time you're doing it but not quite so hard you can't do the same thing again tomorrow... once a month a full-gas 2x20 as a test, collapsed over the bars at the end, can't say the numbers though just in case that Crowley is listening :-X 05.50 in the morning, sorry neighbours.
-
I did a winter of these 2 x 20s at sweetspot (90% of max hr). That was the most/ only highish intensity training I did. The rest was just base miles/ club tuns. Got to say it did little for me. Not intense enough. What rob is suggesting is a bit hardcore but in my opinion better to do that fitness gains wise, even if you cannot hold on for the full 20 mins, than to do 20 mins at sweetspot. Depends what other training you are doing in addition of course. Davey for example will be getting some very high intensity short intervals on the track, which longer sweetspot intervals probably complement nicely.
-
The day after a hard training ride or session on the TT I will ride on the turbo at high cadence at 70% max heart rate for one hour to massage my legs, can't afford a proper job. I also try to do a Strength session once a week on the Turbo. This is a warm up for15 minutes then shift to a suitable high gear and spin it at 60 rpm at 80 to 90% MHR, this can be as hard or soft as you would like. Music and motivation are very important and drinking of course. all session on the Turbo are in an "AERO" position.
-
OMG 3 x 20 minutes, I'm dead after the second. Might give that a go.
It's all about that intensity! For me, most days now I'm doing 40-55minutes @the upper end of sweetspot, ~95% of FTP, which feels ok, hard all the time you're doing it but not quite so hard you can't do the same thing again tomorrow... once a month a full-gas 2x20 as a test, collapsed over the bars at the end, can't say the numbers though just in case that Crowley is listening :-X 05.50 in the morning, sorry neighbours.
:o
You'll be fitter than me in the spring!!
-
Due to time restrictions today Turbo session is or was 2 on 3 off at up to 170HR in 15th gear, HR comes down to 120 during the "jogging", cadence about 80, 10 reps.
-
You'll be fitter than me in the spring!!
That's the DREAM. The first few weeks of next year will be a big challenge ofc, plus my powermeter turning itself into a random number generator on Saturday is not going to help the cause.
-
Rob P,
on watching SPOTY last night, I was confused to see you on stage. It was only later I realised it was Bradley Wiggins ! Please post a selfie here so others can see why I was confused....
Yours,
Michel Roux Jnr.
-
;D ;D I'll take your word for it!
(https://scontent-a-ams.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1476500_10152014781500758_65675628_n.jpg)
[attachment deleted by admin]
-
Definitely ! An alternative income stream beckons for you.....!