My Community
General Category => Sportives => Topic started by: Dave W on August 08, 2016, 09:10:46 AM
-
Any one up for doing this next year?
http://www.opencycling.com/wales-in-a-day/
Its a £100 to enter
http://www.opencycling.com/wales-in-a-day/details.php
-
Is this the one that Carrie and Kate did this year? They may be doing it again
-
Some serious climbing early in the day...
-
See how we get on with 'round the island, in Mallorca, it's about the same sort of challenge!
-
only just seen this topic! places going fast, this is my goal for next year, whos in? need to sort transport out
-
Why not ride up the day before? ;)
-
Won't be able to be first to Chepstow then!
-
I'm in
-
I'm in and have got a lift up for me and 2 other people with bike's ;D
-
Im up for this. The logistics may need some work but it looks good
-
I'm in!
Paid and ready to go
-
Just entered. My wife is able to pick 3 of us up from the finish on the Saturday
-
Who has signed up for this? we need to start thinking about how we all getting up there?
My bike rack can do 3 but need to check that 3 fit on there ok.
other way of doing this would be 2 on the rack and 1 in the boot minus wheels. My car is full - Harpo and Greg are sharing with me
My Mr's has kindly offered to drive my car back from North wales.
Hotel for the Friday night needs sorting. this would be first choice http://bit.ly/2kNkgIf
The start time is from 4am to 6am. You need to be up there the night before between 5pm to 10pm to register.
my suggestion would be to drive up to arrive for 5pm-to 6pm . give us time to register etc eat lots of pasta and sleep
-
I'd be definitely up for this next year - baby due on the 20th June so I'm looking at just turbo sessions I think?
(That's what I've told her anyway) ;)
-
Im interested, anyone else?
-
Ok paid for Wales in a day and hotel booked from Dave's link. My wife is driving up so if anyone needs a lift let me know. Big challenge for me this as it will be my longest ride, did London Paris in a day but had a rest on the ferry lol.
-
Nigel,could I come up with you?
-
Andy no problem, room for 1 more......go Jason or Reece you know you want too.
-
Thank you!
I have booked an apartment in the centre of town,so,as you say,there's definitely space for one more!!
-
I downloaded the gpx file from WIAD website but can not get it load up on my Garmin....anyone else tried or got the route?
-
Nope not yet.have you put the file into the folder new files then it will appear in the course?
-
Yes did that but it doesnt work
-
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AsLoYChA6Iy3oHsmS_h9Rt6_83lQ
attached is the TCX route link above.
upload to your garmin in the same way has the GPX file.
the problem with the original was it had no timestamps. Without timestamps, it's impossible for Strava to calculate your speed and time on segments, so the files will be rejected upon upload.
used ridewithgps.com to convert it to TCX
;D
-
https://www.strava.com/routes/7399583
-
here is the tracking website for tomorrow
http://live.opentracking.co.uk/wiad2017/
sorry it doesnt include a live camera I'm sure there will be funny moments on tomorrows ride.