My Community
General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: norman james on July 29, 2016, 01:14:21 AM
-
The Result of the OVW Club Mid-Week "10" Thursday 28th.July 2016
1 Mark Nott Ogmore Valley Whs. 23mins. 42secs. 10 points
2 Chris Goodwin Ogmore Valley Whs. 23mins. 55secs. 9 points
3 Mikhael Puar C.A.T.I. 24mins. 27secs.
4 Stephen Landeg Ogmore Valley Whs. 25mins 33secs. 8 points
5 Kari Jones Ride Bike Wales 25mins. 48secs.
6 Richard Bowmer Ogmore Valley Whs. 26mins. 45secs. 7 points
Tandem.
Keith Barrett + Dave Walters Ogmore Valley Whs. 24mins. 15secs.
It was not really cold, but it was wet even though it didn't rain all the way
around the course. The wind did not appear to slow the times recorded,
and as a result many competitors were pleased with their efforts.
Thanks to Terry and Teresa for their help this evening.
Next week is the Club's Handicap" 10". Please let me know if you wish to be
included in the handicap list, before 2nd.August (to give me time to handicap
and place the field).
-
Mark I was thinking about your wheel. I suspect it has reached the ned of its life, I would imagine the bearing faces are scored if it is an old cup and cone type wheel; knowing you wanted to ride it Neil has got it into a rideable state so you could use it last night.
He sells fast forward wheels in his shop; I have the 6cm front wheel and the rear disc (clincher) I think Steven Madeley has the tubular version. It might be worth asking him to price some up; he will fit them as well so ready to go.
I would be interested to hear the outcome.
Not sure what happened at the start last night thought I had plenty of time..
-
You are actually correct, Chris. You did have time.
I hold my hands up and sincerely apologise for mucking up your start. Your timing was impeccable, mine was a minute out.
I set everyone off at minute intervals, which is correct. However, I set No 3 off a minute behind the tandem and obviously I should have waited an extra minute behind them :-[
-
Don't worry I'm not bothered; just happy to have a ride and a chat. The alternative was to sit in my garage.
-
Does that mean Chris gets DSQ for starting a minute early ;)