My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Steven on June 26, 2016, 09:38:06 PM

Title: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Steven on June 26, 2016, 09:38:06 PM
Andy abandoned after 11 hrs with 190 miles completed. Cold, wet and windy and in pain with a bad shoulder.

That's a heroic ride in my opinion!
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Tom on June 26, 2016, 10:14:54 PM
Agreed-well done Andy-are the results up?
Title: 26.06.16 National 12 hr champs
Post by: Teresa on June 26, 2016, 11:56:13 PM
Great ride, Andy

Hope you have taken the day off tomorrow
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Jason T on June 27, 2016, 07:49:53 AM
Well done Andy, the weather didn't look too good heading in to the afternoon so that was a great effort.
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Andy H on June 27, 2016, 12:56:26 PM
Results normally take a little longer toprocess, after the 12!

Thanks guys! Something in me says should've used the extra hour to do another lap of the finishing circuit to get to 200 but a warm cuppa was calling!
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Rob Jones on June 27, 2016, 01:26:45 PM
Could have done both with all that time And  ;)

Seriously great effort. Hope the shoulder is ok
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Andy H on June 27, 2016, 01:55:07 PM
Cheers, its nothing serious, ironically doesn't seem to bother me swimming but trying to stay in TT position was a real pain!
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Andy H on June 27, 2016, 03:26:24 PM
results show me at 175.55 something of a discrepancy with Garmin and strava!! Even allowing for the 5 miles in the car before I stopped my watch. Also have Garmin 500 that recorded 190, I shall complain.........not really

winner Danny Grieves 294.14!
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Tom on June 27, 2016, 04:18:17 PM
Either way good ride on the day Andy. That's a new Welsh Comp Record by about 7 miles
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Tom on June 27, 2016, 04:20:45 PM
Where are the results Andy(Teresa?)?-can't see them on CTT or Welsh DC yet
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Andy H on June 27, 2016, 04:35:47 PM
it was a facebook post but from official CTT site, I've screenshot it but can't add to our forum.
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Andy H on June 27, 2016, 04:38:38 PM
Just 'shared it', Tom, hopefully it should come up on your Facebook page
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Rob Jones on June 27, 2016, 05:51:08 PM
Probably just missed a few laps, your GPS won't be that far out. I would let them know even if you don't care as they may have counted others wrong on same basis
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Teresa on June 27, 2016, 07:52:41 PM
Where are the results Andy(Teresa?)?-can't see them on CTT or Welsh DC yet

I keep trawling the various sites. 

I am sure Robin is having a well deserved lie down in a dark room before he gets to work on the results sheets ;)
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Teresa on June 27, 2016, 09:51:07 PM
Provisional result


https://sites.create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/RTTC_12_Prov_Result_160626.pdf
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Teresa on June 28, 2016, 05:26:05 PM
Loads of photos.

A good handful of Andy

Click on the link - Album - Men - They are alphabet order for rider's surname

http://kimroy-photography.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=500889
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Andy H on June 28, 2016, 06:39:41 PM
As I guessed, none on TT bike!
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Teresa on June 28, 2016, 11:34:54 PM
There is always next year  ;)
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Andy H on June 29, 2016, 07:24:10 AM
Told Norman ( on finish circuit) to remind me I don't like doing the 12H. Hope he hasn't forgotten! I might be daft enough to enter it again next year  :o
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Teresa on August 14, 2016, 05:43:32 PM
Official results now out.

Andy H has moved up a place from the provisional results and with an amended distance of 182.132 - I hope that makes it more worthwhile  ;)

https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-results/12067#anchor
Title: Re: National 12 hr champs
Post by: Andy H on August 14, 2016, 05:58:53 PM
Sort of but it's still wrong!  :) 
I'm much more inclined to trust my Garmin, especially as I had two devices recording the ride.