My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Teresa on June 12, 2016, 11:12:46 PM

Title: 19.06.16 WWCL 100m TT
Post by: Teresa on June 12, 2016, 11:12:46 PM
Only one taker for the 100

https://sites.create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/WWCL_100_Start_160619.pdf
Title: Re: 19.06.16 WWCL 100m TT
Post by: Steven on June 19, 2016, 04:34:17 PM
For those of you thinking of doing this one, I need to outline the pros and cons:

Pros - Good road surface/ Tailwind for the last 20 miles / Riders encouraging each other/

Cons - The climbing !  (equivalent to twice over the Bwlch!)  46 mile leg into the wind ..

Time for a lie down....

I targeted a 20mph average (5hrs) and just made it with 4:56:58.
Title: Re: 19.06.16 WWCL 100m TT
Post by: Teresa on June 20, 2016, 08:32:12 AM
Results list published very quickly

https://sites.create-cdn.net/sitefiles/13/3/1/133127/WWCL_100_Result_List_160619.pdf

Title: Re: 19.06.16 WWCL 100m TT
Post by: Steven on June 20, 2016, 10:30:56 AM
It was a harsh introduction into the world of endurance cycling.  A lot of the riders where Ironman triathletes. By way of comparison, David Brice from the Bynea who did 21:26 on the Thursday night did 4hrs 33 mins, so relatively I improved against him!

I should have mentioned the scenery was breathtaking, whilst riding uphill I had a lot of time to enjoy it!
Title: Re: 19.06.16 WWCL 100m TT
Post by: Andy H on June 20, 2016, 12:17:36 PM
All 'psyched' for the 12, now?
Title: Re: 19.06.16 WWCL 100m TT
Post by: Steven on June 20, 2016, 02:21:00 PM
Nope, don't want to think about it at the moment... !
Title: Re: 19.06.16 WWCL 100m TT
Post by: Andrew S on June 20, 2016, 09:14:24 PM
Most impressive result of the day though was young Josh Tarling's 4:49, he's only 12, and he also won the youth omnium at Maindy on the Saturday.
Title: Re: 19.06.16 WWCL 100m TT
Post by: Tom on June 20, 2016, 10:21:52 PM
12?? I'm giving up cycling
Title: Re: 19.06.16 WWCL 100m TT
Post by: Dave W on June 21, 2016, 08:16:49 AM
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/latest-news/12-rider-joshua-tarling-posts-impressive-result-100-mile-time-trial-234205?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

Wow awesome effort :D