My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: norman james on April 28, 2016, 02:53:38 AM

Title: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
Post by: norman james on April 28, 2016, 02:53:38 AM
C.C.Blaenau Gwent "25" to be held on Sunday 8th.May.   Due to roadworks in Mitchell Troy, the course for this event will now be R25/7A ( Raglan - Mitchell Troy - Raglan  - Hardwick(Abergavenny) - Raglan).
Title: Re: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
Post by: xrayspecs on May 09, 2016, 10:50:23 AM
The reserve course which was a shame as we had a easterly wind?
https://www.velouk.net/2016/05/09/result-cc-blaenau-gwent-50/
Only myself and Neil Poulton in this.
Nearly went home as I drove through torrential rain to get there. Was dryish by the time I started , only got rained on once which misted my visor up nicely ; had to stop to hide it in the bushes!
Title: Re: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
Post by: NeilRhys on May 09, 2016, 06:31:23 PM
Good ride Chris, I had a few Visor related issues too!! I was pretty lucky with the conditions during my ride. Was actually quite lucky to be on the start line this week, I had a throat infection over the bank holiday weekend and only just felt good enough to race...one day earlier and I couldn't have done it!!

Hopefully be back up to full steam for the 10 on Saturday :-)

Neil
Title: Re: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
Post by: xrayspecs on May 09, 2016, 07:03:12 PM
This was recommended to me by a fellow rider.
http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/screenwash-de-icer/rain-x-rain-repellent-200ml
And I came across these for the first time; thought the were retro long socks!
http://www.nopinz.com/product-category/trip-socks/
Title: Re: C.C.Blaenau Gwent 25 m.t.t.
Post by: NeilRhys on May 09, 2016, 08:50:26 PM
Great, thanks for that...I saw a few of those trip socks around...shocked that they are £50!!! Though I guess they'll last a long time??