My Community

General Category => Chain Gang => Topic started by: Steven on April 26, 2016, 08:16:25 AM

Title: Chaingang #6
Post by: Steven on April 26, 2016, 08:16:25 AM
7pm tonight.  Will probably split us into two groups depending on attendance...
Title: Re: Chaingang #6
Post by: Andy H on April 26, 2016, 10:51:57 AM
I'll be coming along and happy to 'captain' the second string!
Title: Re: Chaingang #6
Post by: Andy H on April 26, 2016, 02:32:23 PM
Target is a '53' which is enough to prevent the fast group catching us!
Everyone I've ridden with in pacers and amblers can do this, just need a bit of practice
Title: Re: Chaingang #6
Post by: RichardB on April 26, 2016, 06:04:23 PM
I'll be there too. I was hoping for a slow group not a 53!  :'(
Title: Re: Chaingang #6
Post by: Andy H on April 26, 2016, 09:09:08 PM
Good 'B' team effort this evening, for the promised 53 minutes, all be it a long 53:40.
Five worked well together from the off, Dave W, Terry, Carl, Richard and myself. Dave in particular looking strong early on, with some long efforts into the wind.  ;D
Richard succumbed on the fifth lap and four continued with some steady pacing.
Keep this up and we'll be sub 50 in a few weeks.
See you next week!
Title: Re: Chaingang #6
Post by: RichardB on April 26, 2016, 09:15:58 PM
Thanks all, great workout. First chain gang in a while for me and should hopefully hang on for longer next week. Pleased to come in on 59.01 for my 8 laps having done the final 4 solo.
Title: Re: Chaingang #6
Post by: Andy H on April 26, 2016, 09:25:25 PM
Well done, on keeping going.
Remember keep the turns shorter next week!
Title: Re: Chaingang #6
Post by: Dave W on April 26, 2016, 10:37:57 PM
Good group tonight.. ;D
Sorry Rich think I pushed the speed up a bit for you
Was a windy one though..Terry was looking strong on the last two laps...
Title: Re: Chaingang #6
Post by: Steven on April 26, 2016, 10:42:24 PM
It was a night of headwinds for most of the way which makes the time more impressive. We did a 50:02. I say 'we' but I took a back seat for the majority of the time...
Title: Re: Chaingang #6
Post by: RichardB on April 27, 2016, 07:55:43 AM
No probs Dave, I need to be pushed in order to improve.