My Community

General Category => Time Trials => Topic started by: Steven on April 10, 2016, 01:39:05 PM

Title: Acme Whs 25 - Chapeau Mr Curry !
Post by: Steven on April 10, 2016, 01:39:05 PM
First 25 of the year with you all understanding what the conditions were like.  16.5mph average for the first mile into the wind.  Then several 30mph plus PBs for the next section.  As the wind was swirling, I spent 80% of the ride not on the tri- bars.  The last 10 miles back was done in slow motion and 32 mins.  1hr 3 mins.

But the big news is that Steve Curry did it in 59:48 !  I can't state enough ( without swearing!) what an amazing ride that was in those conditions.  By way of comparison, Rod Hicks was a minute faster and he regularly knocks out 54minute rides on good days.  Keep it up Steve, I think some silverware will be coming your way by the end of the season.

Congratulations !  Just Amazing !
Title: Re: Acme Whs 25 - Chapeau Mr Curry !
Post by: Andy H on April 10, 2016, 02:08:35 PM
Awesome!
Title: Re: Acme Whs 25 - Chapeau Mr Curry !
Post by: Jason T on April 10, 2016, 04:01:37 PM
Well Done Steve.
Title: Re: Acme Whs 25 - Chapeau Mr Curry !
Post by: Toestrapsteve on April 10, 2016, 06:17:49 PM
Steve - many thanks - I think I got the luck of the draw in going earlier as the wind picked up a lot later i.e. when you were riding. I followed you and Andy's prudent advice to start slowly and build gradually - the HR monitor helped, although It looked a bit naff wrapped around the handlebars - might have to buy a computer yet.
Title: Re: Acme Whs 25 - Chapeau Mr Curry !
Post by: xrayspecs on April 11, 2016, 04:28:56 PM
Well done Steve; I'm sure it was entirely down to your saddle and helmet.