My Community
General Category => Club Runs => Topic started by: Andy H on April 04, 2016, 10:48:50 PM
-
Anybody up for a longer run this Sunday, envisage drinking coffee whilst looking down the expanse of Rhosilli Bay! Hope attachment works!
Route along the lines of:- https://www.strava.com/routes/4561171
Possibly have an earlier start.
-
Looks good
-
I'm up for the that route 8)
-
Apologies but looks like I won't make this, got a pinched nerve in my hip/buttock and can barely walk. Was hoping I might just be able to ride but been on turbo tonight and had to abandon after 5 mins. Can't see it improving by Sunday!
I'll be at club for slice of Tim's birthday cake tomorrow, update then.
-
Get well soon. I'm still detoxing from youth rugby tour!!
-
Further apologies for sounding like a 'prima donna' but with the help of lots of anti-inflammatories I seem to have made a miraculous recovery and now hope to be out Sunday!
I'll have a secondary route or a bail out route if people don't fancy doing the trip to Rhossili.
Not sure its the right direction to be going anyway, as 20+mph easterly forecast!
-
Save your energy on the way out and work together (share short turns) into the Easterly on return. Will be rewarding.
-
Good advice!
-
Nothing like loads of pb's with a tailwind thou! Can't we go east??
-
Nothing like loads of pb's with a tailwind thou! Can't we go east??
:D
-
Or go west and get the PBs with fresh legs!
-
I don't mind either captain!!
-
Full route is 150km, if anybody want to join us but wants a shorter route there are bail outs to make a 90km or 130km option.
see you at 9:00
-
Rhosilli route saved for a better day!
Think 11 started this morning, mixture of Amblers and Pacers
3 Andys, Haydn, Lee, Greg, Dave W, Steve C, Terry, Tony and Mal.
We set off around the coast road and what an effort that was. I think today was the windiest day I've had out on the bike. Haydn setting the pace, rest of us suffering! Did settle down as we shared the work a bit out to Llantwit. Mal peeled off here, the rest off headed around St Athan and the airport. Group split here with six continuing to Duffryn for coffee then back home via PSE and St Fagans. Haydn turned it into a smashfest picking up KOMs as he went.
Good day out despite the wind and suffering!
-
As the wind was strengthening and I was enjoying a tailwind home, I was reflecting on my advice earlier on this thread ;D It would have been soul destroying riding back from rhossili today...would have been right into that wind!